Director, Audit - Issue Validation
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Audit Issue
Validation for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, or
Purpose of the Job
Manages the planning, execution and oversight of the consolidated
annual audit plan including risk-based assurance and advisory
engagements driving quality of audit work for a designated staff
agency or line of business/functional area. Responsible for
building teams with the requisite knowledge and skillsets necessary
to execute the audit plan, employee retention and overall team
development. Ensures fiscally responsible expense management.
Provides independent oversight and thought leadership for audit
disciplines ensuring that audit plans, frameworks, standards, and
processes provide appropriate risk coverage. Develops and maintains
effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the
enterprise to ensure audit objectives are effectively met and
contribute to the overall mission of USAA. Adheres to the Institute
of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.
Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and
effectively responds and interacts with regulatorsJob
- Accountable for timely delivery and quality execution of audit
plan/reports and issue validation, driving continuous monitoring
activities, and ensuring appropriate risks are covered.
- Accountable for quality and providing technical engagement
oversight, and approval of engagement risk assessment and audit
- Responsible for updating the audit universe risk assessment and
audit plan as needed.
- Addresses issues escalated by team members, manages conflict
and gains appropriate resolution of complex issues with
stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Escalates any suspected fraudulent activities and advises
senior leadership as appropriate.
- Responsible for escalating systemic and/or pervasive
- Coordinates with other Audit leaders on quality, resources, and
- Drives linkages and information sharing across the
- Communicates effectively with regulators and key stakeholders
across the enterprise to ensure audit objectives are effectively
met and contribute to the overall mission of USAA.
- Responsible for building diverse teams with the requisite
knowledge and skillsets necessary to execute the audit plan,
employee retention and overall team development.
- Directly manages, selects, and develops staff responsible for
conducting audit plans for a line of business or staff agency, to
include preparing and providing performance evaluations, coaching,
recognition, and performance management.
- Directs team in ongoing management reporting routines.
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of audit process and
performance standards; identifies and recommends internal audit
- Provides key information to audit executives and participates
in the validation of the annual plan to ensure appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Business other relevant field OR Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Eight or more years of progressive audit or related business
experience with in depth experience in managing or overseeing
complex audits OR relevant Master's Degree with 6 or more years of
- Three or more years of direct team lead or management
- Subject-matter-expert with broad and comprehensive experience
in audit techniques, assessing internal controls, and business/
information technology risks.PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or
- Experience with the financial industry and related markets,
regulatory bodies (i.e, OCC, FRB, CFPB, FDIC and FINRA) and current
industry events and trends.
- Deep knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology and audit
- Extensive experience leading internal audit teams in a large
financial institution, preferably in consumer banking.
- Strong project management leadership experience in risk or
- Broad risk experience, either in audit or in enterprise risk
- Demonstrated accomplishments validating regulatory and consent
order deliverables established by management.
- Experience leading relationships with regulators.
- CISA,CIA,CRCM or comparable industry risk certification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a high volume area*Qualifications may
warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.For Internal Candidates: Must complete
12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 3/22/2020 by
11:59 pm CST time
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Director, Audit - Issue Validation, Accounting, Auditing , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!