Senior Auditor - Capital Adequacy
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Senior Auditor
- Capital Adequacy for the San Antonio Home Office, Plano Legacy,
Phoenix, Tampa or 100% remote work environment.
Executes and leads audit assignments. Identifies problems and
resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements
across the organization.
Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations. Performs
risk and control identification and evaluation, advanced audit
techniques, research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory
Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We
embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply. (17 seconds) (31 seconds)
- Independently executes audit test work timely and with high
- Executes and may lead as Auditor in Charge (AIC) for audit
engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include
understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts,
integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
standards, when AIC.
- Manages day to day engagement-related efforts including work
delegation to audit team members with varying degrees of expertise
and experience when conducting engagements, when AIC.
- Completes audit team end of engagement evaluations, when
- Assists in updating the risk & control matrix for each
engagement with oversight from the Auditor-in-Charge and/or other
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
- Assists AIC in drafting related issues and audit reports for
review by audit leadership.
- Participates and provides feedback during team audit activities
on planning and scoping, business understanding/walkthroughs, and
review of risk assessment and testing and demonstrates critical
- Executes on audit documentation techniques including key risks
and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions; is
accountable for completing work paper documentation within quality
- Utilizes analytical skills to conduct or assist team members
with continuous monitoring activities, advisory activities, special
reviews and/or investigations.
- Develops internal and business leader and partner relationships
while also beginning to effectively challenge, communicate and
deliver risk-based, difficult messages regarding issues and control
weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
- Provide coaching and guidance to less experienced team members
to ensure quality and timely completion of audit test work.Minimum
EducationBachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology.4
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience
- 4 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, or related
- Four or more years of experience in general accounting from
large and complex financial institution, financial regulator, or
public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of Capital Adequacy, CCAR/DFAST, and/or Stress
Testing requirements as well as regulations related to capital
planning and risk management (e.g. SR 12-7, SR 15-19, SR 15-18, FRB
Range of Current Practices).
- General understanding of industry best practices relating to
data management, and exposure to auditing processes and controls as
it relates to data requirements.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for
this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 11/08/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Senior Auditor - Capital Adequacy, Accounting, Auditing , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!