Senior Auditor - AML
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Senior Auditor
- AML for the San Antonio Home Office I, Plano Legacy, Phoenix,
Tampa, or 100% remote work environment. Relocation assistance is
NOT available for this position.
Executes and may lead moderately complex audit assignments.
Identifies problems and resolutions for risk-based assurance and
advisory engagements across the organization. Performs risk and
control identification and evaluation, advanced audit techniques,
research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and interviews.
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial
services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with
regulators.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)Tasks
- Leads and executes moderately complex audit engagements
throughout the audit life cycle, to include understanding of
horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with
Information Technology (IT), analytics, and projects and reviewing
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure
quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Conducts or assists with continuous monitoring and advisory
activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff
with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting
engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Prioritizes work to meet milestones without compromising
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement
evaluations when applicable.
- Performs and updates engagement risk assessments utilizing
current data (including risk trends, risk levels, and/or
- Communicates effectively with audit leaders, and
clients/business leaders to include delivering both risk-based and
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
corrective action; drafts related issues and audit reports for
issuance to respective client leadership.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field OR Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience
- 4 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking,
information technology or related business and/or leadership
experience.OR relevant Master's Degree with 2 or more years of
relevant experience.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a large financial institution with
Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Economic Sanctions
compliance knowledge, 2 years of which should be in an internal
- Thorough understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
standards and the common definition of internal controls
- Preferably have a CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering
Specialist) or CRCM professional designation, or actively working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skillsThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/08/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Senior Auditor - AML, Accounting, Auditing , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!