Strategic Commodity Buyer-Chandler, AZ
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job ID: 348222
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading
manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic
products in the United States. Our products range from utility
vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic
tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete
barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With
more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees,
Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of
reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Strategic Commodity Buyer is responsible for purchasing
specific direct materials, effectively managing material inventory
and ensuring that supply commitments/business needs are met. The
Strategic Commodity Buyer supports plant operations to clarify
needs, evaluate and/or determine suppliers, generate/place orders
and manage ongoing supplier interactions on behalf of the plant
operations. The incumbent will work with Sourcing leaders to
identify and implement alternate sourcing and cost savings
opportunities for critical commodities and services. As a key
member of the purchasing team, the incumbent will execute on the
group and corporate objectives including Order-to-Cash (OTC), No PO
No Pay, Purchasing Matrix compliance, and Centralized
* Work with plant operations and within the ERP to effectively
purchase and arrange delivery of specific direct materials.
* Work with plant operations to clarify specifications, establish
source alternatives, increase standardization and otherwise
increase value related to purchases.
* Set min/max, reorder points, and economic order quantities of
specific direct materials.
* Ensure that purchasing decisions and strategies are aligned with
the group's strategic supply chain objectives.
* Coordinate the process of obtaining quotes and / or requests for
proposals from potential vendors, as needed.
* Monitor/research order history of similar products purchased to
evaluate/track differences in costs, delivery, quality and
* Be familiar with the supply chain (manufacturing, distribution,
delivery, use, service and disposal) related to the products and
services being purchased.
* Support efforts to identify and evaluate new/alternative
suppliers which meet the business requirements.
* Facilitate the approval process for draft purchase orders, and in
certain cases based on factors such as purchase amount and/or
complexity, provide subject matter procurement review and
* Provide, and encourage stakeholders to provide, feedback
regarding supplier performance through participation in surveys and
the use of Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARs), as
* Work with suppliers, plant operations and the supply chain group
to improve the quality and/or performance of products and
* Work with the supply chain group and plant operations to follow
proper contract management practices with key suppliers and support
the development of contracts for local/company specific vendors, as
* Assist plant operations and the supply chain group to perform
tests and demonstrations of products to evaluate value, compare
results and/or identify alternatives and to ensure that supplier
commitments are met.
* Work with the supply chain group to track market conditions,
pricing trends, and opportunities to maximize purchasing value.
* Support the vendor data management/vendor master maintenance
processes through adherence to established payment terms and
identifying the need for new or updated data information.
* Bachelor's degree preferred with 3 + years of business,
purchasing, operations or related experience.
* Experience working with P2P systems, databases/data warehouse
applications, ERP systems and / or Microsoft Office applications
* Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems.
* Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar
* Experience in manufacturing, building materials, mining or
construction sectors would be beneficial.
* Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and
* Ability to work effectively with others.
* High ethical standards.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on
timeliness and responsiveness.
* Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches
through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity,
follow-through, and commitment.
* Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
* Understanding of procurement's impact on financial results.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Negotiating - They identify key bargaining points for all parties
and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
* Information Seeking - Purchasing Agents are driven by an
underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people,
or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and
includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving
discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or conducting
less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or
miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
* Planning and Priority Setting - They identify priorities and
develop detailed action plans that include objectives,
accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and
* Deliberative Decision Making - They gather, consider, and
evaluate all relevant information to make logical conclusions
before being moved to action. They are able to put aside personal
biases and take an objective approach to making decisions based on
data or other pertinent facts.
* Influence and Persuasion - They are effective in persuading,
convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them
to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression,
or take a specific course of action.
* Business Acumen - They make sound business decisions based on a
strong understanding of the company's business model, strategic
goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current
technologies in one's own discipline or functional area.
* Relationship Building - They develop effective long-term
professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that
they will always work toward the best interest of those involved
and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive
* Time Management - Purchasing Agents are able to manage multiple
responsibilities by being organized and keeping on top of important
What CRH Americas Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow!
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the
first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be
brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile
which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our
system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2021
Keywords: CRH, Chandler , Strategic Commodity Buyer-Chandler, AZ, Accounting, Auditing , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!