Strategic Commodity Buyer - Chandler, AZ
Company: Oldcastle Infrastructure
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Job ID: 476819ExemptOldcastle Infrastructure , a CRH company, is
the leading provider of utility infrastructure solutions for the
water, energy, and communications markets throughout North America.
We're more than just a manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer
concrete, or plastic products. We're a trusted and strategic
partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and
more. With our network of more than 80 manufacturing facilities and
more than 4,000 employees, we're leading the industry with
innovation and a safety-first mindset.Job Summary:The Strategic
Commodity Buyer is responsible for purchasing specific direct
materials, effectively managing material inventory, and ensuring
that supply commitments/business needs are met. The Strategic
Commodity Buyer supports plant operations to clarify needs,
evaluate and/or determine suppliers, generate/place orders and
manage ongoing supplier interactions on behalf of the plant
operations. The incumbent will work with Sourcing leaders to
identify and implement alternate sourcing and cost savings
opportunities for critical commodities and services. As a key
member of the purchasing team, the incumbent will execute on the
group, and corporate objectives within the Business Performance
team including Purchasing Matrix compliance, and Centralized
- Work with plant operations and ERP to effectively purchase and
arrange delivery of specific direct materials. This is achieved
through demand review and direct communication with site/Area via
- Work with plant operations to clarify specifications, establish
source alternatives, increase standardization and otherwise
increase value related to purchases.
- Collaborate with plant teams to establish economic order
quantities for direct materials.
- Ensure that purchasing decisions and strategies are aligned
with the business strategic supply chain objectives.
- Monitor/research order history of similar products purchased to
evaluate/track differences in costs, delivery, quality and
- Be familiar with the supply chain (manufacturing, distribution,
delivery, use, service and disposal) related to the products and
services being purchased.
- Support alternate source development for critical commodities
to support competitive cost structure within the IPG business unit.
Working closely with the Sourcing team to provide them needed data
or supplier insight.
- Facilitate the approval process for draft purchase orders, and
in certain cases based on factors such as purchase amount and/or
complexity, provide subject matter procurement review and
- Monitor supply partner performance and drive Supplier
Corrective Actions (SCARs) when required.
- Work with the supply chain group and plant operations to follow
proper contract management practices with key suppliers and support
the development of contracts for local/company specific vendors, as
- Assist plant operations and the supply chain group to perform
tests and demonstrations of products to evaluate value, compare
results and/or identify alternatives and to ensure that supplier
commitments are met.
- Work with Sourcing Team/CRH Commodity Teams to track market
conditions, pricing trends, and opportunities to maximize
- Support the vendor data management/vendor master maintenance
processes through adherence to established payment terms and
identifying the need for new or updated data
information.Qualifications:Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 3 or more years of business,
purchasing, operations or related experience.
- Experience working with P2P systems, databases/data warehouse
applications, ERP systems and / or Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with procurement tools, processes, and systems.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar
- Experience in manufacturing, building materials, mining or
construction sectors would be beneficial.Knowledge/Skill
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on
timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches
through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity,
follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding of procurement's impact on financial
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required. What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: Oldcastle Infrastructure, Chandler , Strategic Commodity Buyer - Chandler, AZ, Accounting, Auditing , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!