Company: Oasis Behavioral Health
Posted on: September 20, 2022
- Identify the educational needs of students then develop formal
educational plan or program to meet those needs.
- Create lesson plans to teach a subject(s) and teach students
how to study or communicate with others.
- Observe student to evaluate their educational abilities,
strengths and weaknesses, working with them to improve their
abilities and work on their weaknesses.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups or
- Communicate with family members, counselors, administrators and
other teachers on progress.
- Work with students individually to help overcome specific
learning challenges, prepare students for standardized tests, as
required by state.
- Document educational plans, goals and progress, as required by
the facility and the state where the facility is located.
- Supervise classroom and maintain a positive environment for
- Develop and enforce classroom rules and administrative
- Supervise students outside of the classroom setting, such as at
lunch time or during detention.
- Adhere to treatment plans and participate in treatment team
meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
towards customers always. When patient needs are not met,
acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient
safety is a top priority. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field which is
eligible for teacher certification or license within the state
where the facility is located is required.
- One or more years' experience working with population of the
- Must be knowledgeable of the developmental stages and behaviors
for age group of students. Licenses/Designations/Certifications:
- Current certification or license to teach within the state
where the facility is located.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
Keywords: Oasis Behavioral Health, Chandler , Teacher, Education / Teaching , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!