Instructor Senior - Specially Funded
Company: Maricopa Community College district
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Instructor Senior - Specially Funded
Job ID: 319249
Location: Chandler-Gilbert Comm College
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Hiring Salary Range
$50,617.00 - $65,801.50/annually DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm
Opportunity to work a hybrid work schedule of three days in person
and two days remote after 6 months of employment.
This is a grant funded assignment with a projected end date of
06/30/2024 with renewal based on available funds and the needs of
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real
difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion
dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the
fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At
Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the
National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM
Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups
to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers Benefits
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed
to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program
that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and
productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for
every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options:
- 16 paid observed holidays
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee
Contribution Match (Pension, Long Term Disability, and Health
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Maricopa Employee Store: Perks & Gears (exclusive discounts and
offers for Maricopa Community Colleges faculty and staff)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if
- Tuition reimbursement for employees and dependents (if
- Flexible work schedules
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program:
- Sight-On-Site Eye Care Services
- Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
- Mobile On-site Mammography Screenings
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wondr online program that teaches clinically-proven, healthy
habits that lead to less stress, better sleep, weight loss, and
- Pre-Retirement Events
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (may forgive the remaining
balance on a federal student loan made directly by the U.S.
Department of Education after qualifying).
- 10+ Maricopa Affinity Resource Employee Groups (Celebrates
diversity, embraces inclusion, and supports employees, students,
and community!) Job Summary
Provides instruction for occupational Information Technology
subjects at the postsecondary level with a focus on data analytics.
Performs administrative duties related to instructional programs,
and serves as a lead worker to other staff.
Additional tasks may include: participation in computer lab
assistant hiring and supervision; assisting with the review of
curricula and identifying program competencies; serving as lead
worker to other staff; and monitoring grant budgets.
70% - Provides instruction to students in occupational Information
Technology subjects in accordance with established competencies,
Provides lead level work direction and assigns and monitors the
work of other instructional staff, course content, lessons and
assessments, Implements changes and additions to course content and
materials, Develops and administers testing, Prepares and
distributes instructional and study materials for students,
Determines resources and materials needed for course requirements,
Continually develops and refines lesson plans, Manages and
maintains student progress records and reports student grades
15% - Plans, organizes, and assigns the work to computer lab
student worker, Receives inquiries and responds to requests for
student information; responds to requests and complaints and
handles more complex complaints not resolved at a lower level,
Maintains computer lab server updates and software updates in
collaboration with faculty
10% - Plans and administers workshops and summer camps in
Information Technology, Assists with fostering community
partnerships and outreach
5% - Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED and five (5) full-time equivalent years
of experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on Data
There is no substitution or equivalency allowable for the High
School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology,
Technology Education, Computer Information Systems or Computer
Science related field
- Industry experience in data analytics
- Teaching or training experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL, Data Visualization tools
(Tableau or PowerBI), Python, or other programming languages and
- Industry certifications in Data Analytics, Microsoft Office, or
Special Working Conditions
- May be required to work at multiple sites or locations.
- Work Schedule Varies
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Some travel may be required less than 5%
- May be required to lift or carry up to 25lbs. How to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter that
details how the applicant meets the minimum and desired
qualifications. A cover letter may further highlight an applicant's
knowledge, skill and abilities. All minimum requirements must be
met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and
education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time
- Part-Time employment (must include number of hours worked)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07
to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held
and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former
supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon
application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Please apply on or before November 13, 2023 to ensure consideration
within the first review. Additional reviews, if necessary, will be
Application deadline: Please apply on or before November 30, 2023
to be considered.
EEO, Title IX, & Clery Act
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not
discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or
education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse),
age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in
the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from
participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to
discrimination under any education program or activity receiving
Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment,
and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents
of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX
Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is
available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and
Universities to disclose information about crime on and around
their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa
Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available
at this link Clery Act.
To apply, visit
Keywords: Maricopa Community College district, Chandler , Instructor Senior - Specially Funded, Education / Teaching , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!