Technician - Network
Company: Black Box Network Services
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Deliver and configure network infrastructure equipment, services
and solutions needed to support client networking systems and
environments. Perform day-to-day field installation, configuration,
service, preventive maintenance, and decommission of dedicated and
shared data infrastructure such as computers, network equipment
and/or other telecommunications and network devices.
* On-site support at client premises performing tasks such as
hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, server imaging,
deployment, configuration, rebuild and decommissions.
* Physically install, configure and test network assets (i.e.
switches, routers, firewalls, network tools & testing devices) in
network closets and data center network cabinets.
* Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for network
* Ensure the data network and all related equipment are in optimal
* Perform network closet clean-up, switch port optimization, and
survey work as needed.
* Utilize network monitoring software tool during maintenance
windows to ensure that all monitored network equipment is
functioning in accordance with our clients' standards and SLAs,
both before and after changes are made.
* Perform day-to-day field installation, configuration, service,
preventive maintenance, and decommission of advanced services such
* Install equipment and maintain Distributed Antenna System (DAS),
WIFI Systems, wireless router, roof mounted antenna and other
infrastructure and technologies to provide wireless communications
capabilities across clients networks and data computing
* Perform incidental and preventative maintenance on DAS and Wi-Fi
* Video & Audio-Visual (AV)
* Responsible for setting up audio and video equipment.
* Install in-ceiling/in-wall speakers & controls, assembling
equipment racks, mounting projectors & screens, hanging flat panel
TV displays, installing AV equipment and smart remote controls.
* Physical Security CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) and Access
* Install and service CCTV and Access Control.
* Survey and plan wire runs to maximize material efficiency and
* Measure, install, and pull wires through conduits for all
* Diagnose install failures and identify necessary repairs.
* Complete work orders for moves, adds, changes (MAC) and
deletions, and repairs in one or more product lines.
* Propose and implement hardware and software upgrades that will
improve the performance and reliability of the network system.
* Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally
and effectively with all internal and external
* Receive, plan and prioritize jobs/work orders via centralized
resource management in his/ her territory on a daily basis.
* Coordinate with other Team Members within North American
Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing
projects/work orders efficiently.
* Complete required documentation in a variety of written and
electronic formats according to company standards such as time
reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion,
time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
* Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status
of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information
for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying
with OSHA regulations.
* Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining
inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as
* Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the
purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
* Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies,
etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials
required at client site.
* Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the
purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to
perform job functions.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for
applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Associate degree or Certification in a technology
services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 2+ years data networking experience in field service,
data center or related IT technician environment.
* Industry and manufacturer specific certifications preferred
(examples: A+, Server+, Network+, Microsoft Certifications).
* Advanced knowledge of critical infrastructure components such as
racks, labeling, commercial UPS, switches, routers, terminal
* Experience setting up and troubleshooting many of the following
technologies: Principals of networking (layers 2 and 3); Virtual
private networks IPsec and/or SSL; Network routing protocols (BGP,
OSPF, and MPLS); Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches;
Firewalls and access control lists.
* Proven skills and working knowledge of multiplexes, network
topology, frame relay, fractional T-1, SONET Network Technology,
ATM, Private Line, and Data applications.
* Experience in using a laptop to set configurations on equipment
such as routers, switches and other components of an IP
* Proven ability to make software changes (upload, download & SW
regression) and installing new software and hardware into various
devices such as PCs, routers, servers, etc.
* Day-to-day field installation, configuration, service, preventive
maintenance, and decommission experience of advanced services such
* Wireless manufacturer specific experience and/or certifications
preferred (examples: CommScope, Corning, JMA Wireless, Cisco,
Aruba, Anritsu certifications, EXFO certifications, PIM
* Audio Visual manufacturer specific experience and/or
certifications preferred (examples: Crestron, AMX, Extron, Sharp,
Panasonic, DaLite, Draper, Crown, QSC, etc.)
* Video Conferencing manufacturer specific experience and/or
certifications preferred (examples: Cisco, Polycom, Vidyo,
* Physical security manufacturer specific experience and/or
certifications preferred (examples: Axis, Sony, Pelco, Assa Abloy,
RCI, Securitron, etc.)
* Strong customer/client service orientation with effective
communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and
* Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints,
architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
* Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated
through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision,
punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals
when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
* Valid driver s license and ability to safely drive company
What s in it for You*
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards
benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision
coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like
life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness
reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship
programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just
competitive compensation and benefits.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with
federal, state and local laws, Black Box does not discriminate
against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status,
sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other
protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which
seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons
into available jobs.
Keywords: Black Box Network Services, Chandler , Technician - Network, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!