Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: April 3, 2021
CNC Engineer Growing and dynamic international company is
expanding their team with a new CNC Engineer. Join our team to
support business units that include electronic mobility and
high-tech and telecommunications - and increase your skills with
our group of professionals.The primary responsibilities of this
position are developing CNC part programs and processes for machine
applications in addition to the selection and implementation of
machine expansion plans. Additional responsibilities include
developing cost-effective processes and procedures for the
manufactured parts, estimating production times, design of tooling
and fixtures and inspection. We are looking for someone who has
tackled a ton of novel designs and approaches to get the best
tool/product from block of starting material. If you can vision and
design the straightest and most reliable way to what you want from
point A - you are the person for this challenging position! 5-Asix
CNC programming expertise is strongly preferred - along with other
skills listed below.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include
the following (other duties may be assigned as required):
- Develop and document processes using equipment, tooling, and
- Mastercam experience is preferred, Extensive SolidWorks or
other CAM software is also acceptable. Ability to demonstrate
higher level simulation, or FEA capabilities showing strong
technical software proficiencies
- Develop manufacturing cost estimates to support quoting
- Process improvement and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Optimize ceramic grinding processes for process cost and
- Document production processes to be understood and implemented
by production personnel.
- Make recommendations for the procurement of equipment necessary
to produce parts.
- Provide training to team members on relevant industry processes
and equipment operations safety.
- Supply CNC Programmer with complete machining plan, including
identifying any special cutting tools or fixtures as required.
- Interpret and/or provide engineering drawings, blueprints and
technical specifications and compose reports, procedures and forms.
CNC Engineer Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to demonstrate each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, ability and travel availability
required.Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar from an accredited
- 5 years or more of experience in manufacturing industry
- Experience in CNC machining and programming with ceramics or
hard metals is required
- Direct experience in ceramic or hard material CNC grinding is
highly desired. Experience with tungsten carbide, hardened steel
grinding, cutting tool manufacturing, or other grinding related
material removal processing is also acceptable.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the design and selection of
fixturing and tooling for complex parts
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, professionalism and
leadership ability with little supervision Computer Skills To
perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge
of: Internet software, SolidWorks or other parametric modeling
proficiency, MasterCam or other CAD/CAM interface software, 5-Asix
CNC programming expertise, Experience with a DMG Evo 60, and other
software programs to support the manufacturing environment.
Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge is a must.
Reasoning Ability Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to
apply common sense towards the execution of responsibilities. The
ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce
answers that make sense. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
Ability to work with a minimum of supervision; must be a
- Exhibit a high level of motivation and initiative with the
ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and willingness to participate in a culture
of superior service Apply today for same day consideration/review
to Relocation for a strongly aligned candidate is availableEEO
Employer Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at or - provided by Dice
Keywords: Apex Systems, Chandler , CNC Engineer, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!