Principal Engineer Propulsion
Company: CLEARED CONNECTIONS
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Security Clearance Jobs for Defense and Intelligence Careers
This position is for a Principal Engineer in our Propulsion
Engineering group within the Launch Vehicle Division at our
Chandler, AZ facility.
Perform analysis, design, and test of one or more moderately
complex ordnance, pneumatics and motor components and systems with
the Propulsion Engineering department. Analyze requirements for
materials, structural components, or functional systems. Select
applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the
technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem
and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the
specifications, design needs, and requirements of other portions of
the product. Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary
design concepts, evaluate completed design with other technical
groups, and make modification necessary to achieve the most ideal
design. Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs
required to evaluate design work.
- Perform mechanical engineering duties on ordnance, pneumatic
and motor hardware to include component and system design,
integration and testing.
- Perform Environmental Lot Acceptance and Qualification Testing
to include environmental, non-destructive and function
- Perform complex engineering design, development and analysis of
components and propulsion systems.
- Conduct trade studies and evaluate alternative designs.
- Based on broadly defined problems, study basic design concepts
and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional
systems and applies the engineering principles involved to develop
- Anticipate customer needs and find innovative ways to provide
for those needs.
- Originate and develop constructive ideas. Consistently look for
ways to modify or change existing methods or processes to improve
- Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and
execution; Analyze project requirements and develop detailed
planning, conceptual designs, and risk analysis.
- Interact with internal and external customers; Assist the
customer in defining system requirements and in the generation of
specifications for products or sub systems.
- Develop and present materials for project related briefings
including design reviews to be given to internal and external
customers. Support new business and prepare proposal material.
- Requires BS in Engineering & 5 years of experience or MS in
Engineering & 3 years of experience
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience performing ordnance, pneumatic or motor
product development and test
- Candidate must have a minimum of five years of related
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience will be
- Ability to travel 10%
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Experience working with the following software packages or analysis
- Supply chain management
- Product development
- Ordnance, pneumatic or motor testing
- Configuration change management Northrop Grumman is committed
to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our
complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
positions. How to apply Employer provided a link where your
application will be accepted. Click on the link below and follow
Keywords: CLEARED CONNECTIONS, Chandler , Principal Engineer Propulsion, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!