Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
-- Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. -- WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects. -- I. Job
Summary Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and
troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and
Yellow Iron). -- II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. -- Other minor duties
may be assigned. --
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to,
bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks,
farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors,
transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M.
checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants,
water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed
site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned. III. Supervisory
Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties. -- IV.
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of
the qualifications necessary to perform the job. -- A. Education
and Experience --
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: One year of prior Heavy Equipment diesel
maintenance experience. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or
- Valid Driver's License and must have a clean driving record. C.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment,
skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to
effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to
diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles,
ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and
knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical. -- -- New Employee Training
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only) RCRA / HAZWOPER Training
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and
Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices -- (per department) (SDP's)
Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Forklift Medical Exam
- Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit
- Physical at Termination PPE
- Respirators - Full face OV/AG or half face with face
- Full face supplied air in some areas
- Suit - Appropriate Barrier Suite: -- Liquid - yellow Tyvek with
sleeves, apron, booties Solid - white Tyvek
- Gloves - appropriate to hazards present - PVC over Nitrile or
Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work
(when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes - Vinyl Booties - Waterproof Boots - Chemical
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes - Steel Toe V. Work Environment Listed below are key
points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. --
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or
landfill/outdoor. -- Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. -- As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! -- Our employees also
receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. -- Please note
that benefits may vary by site. -- If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
"Apply.----- --PandoLogic. Keywords: Heavy Equipment Mechanic,
Location: Stanfield, AZ - 85172
Keywords: Waste Management, Chandler , Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Stanfield, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!