CS EUV Mechanical Install Engineer
Posted on: November 17, 2021
IntroductionASML US brings together the most creative minds in
science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key
to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We
design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced
machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and
San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position will be based in Phoenix, AZ.Job MissionTo install
leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within
specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer's
expectations.The Customer Support Organization is responsible for
the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML
systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary
transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support
branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific
region.The System Integration Engineer is expected to calibrate and
qualify the machine on site, according to a pre-defined
test-sequence similar to the tests that have previously been
performed in Veldhoven.Work with co-workers, and the customer in
isolating and solving problems. Act as a resource for users on
routine malfunctions. Perform administrative and coordination
duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports,
system problem reports, and monthly reports. Prepare written
technical reports on an independent basis. Calibrate and qualify
semiconductor lithographic capital equipment.This position requires
access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export
Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. - 730, et seq.). Qualified
candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled
technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require
ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to
access controlled technology.Job Description
- The Mechanical Install Engineer is expected to assemble and
qualify the machine on site, according to procedure in a
- Install and de-installing ASML Machines in a clean room
- De-crating, transporting, and assembling high-tech lithography
machines into the semiconductor fab.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design
- Recommend design changes or substitution of materials when
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate
- Work with co-workers and the customer in isolating and solving
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including
pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem
reports, and monthly reports.
- Provide if appropriate support and assistance to less
experienced ASML or local personnel as necessary.
- Perform complex adjustments, perform upgrades, diagnose and
solve problems with limited support.
- Prepare written technical reports if
required.EducationPreference, BS degree in an engineering field, or
- Hands-on experience in a high tech production or customer
service environment, e.g. electronics, mechanical engineering,
mechatronics, aerospace or automotive engineering.
- Proven affinity with assembling and troubleshooting is
- Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Stress resistant.
- Analytical thinker.
- Able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Good communication skills with focus on reporting,
understanding, influencing and supporting.
- An interest in other technical processes. Self-sufficient.
- Awareness of various cultural differences.Personal skills
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact
with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
through prioritization, quality, efficiency and
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and
high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding
environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on
assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the
provided timelines.Other informationRole within
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to
keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,
reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.Expect to spend more than 50% of the time
inside the clean room working with mechanical and electrical
equipment. The manager, supervisor and/or lead engineers set
technical direction. Ability to travel up to 80%, work flexible
shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.EOE AA
Keywords: ASML, Chandler , CS EUV Mechanical Install Engineer, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!