Sr Principal Mission Assurance Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Requisition ID: R10016155
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Chandler - AZ, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.Defines and monitors mission
assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission
success of programs. Performs or assures quality, risk management,
safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements,
subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual
requirements. Assesses program performance and risks, and
determines resources to ensure mission assurance.Senior Principle
Mission Assurance Engineer: Launch Vehicles Supplier Quality
Engineering team is seeking an experienced professional with solid
rocket motors manufacturing experience. The position is located in
Camden, Arkansas.Job Description: Senior Principle Mission
Assurance Engineer. This position will report to the Supplier
Quality Engineering Manager with responsibility of ensuring
Engineering, Program, and Customer requirements and expectations
are met through daily interactions with the assigned supplier(s).
Launch Vehicles is committed to the highest standards of quality
and customer satisfaction.Responsibilities:
- Establish positive working relationship with assigned
- Participate in supplier's continuous improvement efforts and
ensure supplier demonstrates progress against milestones.
- Work independently as well as part of integrate product teams
- Elevate and clearly articulate issues and concerns to technical
and non-technical professionals both supplier and Launch Vehicles
- Review performance and nonconformance data and identify
opportunities for supplier process improvement.
- Lead efforts to correct and resolve manufacturing and
processing issues to conclusion.
- Initiate supplier corrective action as necessary. Team with the
supplier to ensure true root cause is identified, robust corrective
action is developed, and monitor implementation for
- Drive zero defect culture at assigned supplier.
- Develop plans and periodically audit the supplier processes to
ensure compliance to contractual requirements including
- Develop, collect, and analyze metric data to monitors key
processes for quality trends.
- Provide weekly progress reports to management.
- Lead and perform hardware acceptance reviews
- Perform hardware in-process and source inspectionRequired
- A Bachelor's Degree Chemical or Mechanical Engineering,
Material Science or STEM discipline with a minimum of 9 years
- Candidate will have recent work experience in quality
management systems (e.g. AS9100, ISO9001, etc.) and other related
standards including AS9102 (FAIRs).
- Possess excellent written and oral communications, along with
interpersonal skills that aid in achieving both primary and
- Must have quality/manufacturing engineering experience of nine
(9) or more continuous years with demonstrate knowledge of solid
rocket motor manufacturing and testing.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with supplier
personnel along with NG program, procurement, design engineering,
and inspection personnel.
- Must have proven skills in developing and deploying continuous
improvement initiatives to support product quality-based
- The ability to work closely with engineering and procurement
professionals in the product assurance process to ensure the
highest quality of procured hardware.
- Experience in applying RCCA tools to prevent discrepancy
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a security clearance is
- ASQ Certified.
- Experience in nondestructive testing, specifically, x-ray,
n-ray, and ultrasonic inspection.Salary Range: 98500 -
147700Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in
addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward
individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in
company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions
may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop
Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance
coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid
holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal
business.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete
EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required
for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Sr Principal Mission Assurance Engineer, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!