Energy Efficiency Engineer
Company: Resource Innovations
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Resource Innovations is currently seeking a highly-motivated
full-time professional for the role of an Enery Efficency Engineer
to support the energy efficiency implementation team in Arizona,
primarily in greater Phoenix area.The successful candidates will be
responsible for technical engineering and sustainability support
for the Resource Innovations team that supports the SRP Business
Solutions program. Specific responsibilities will include
performing energy engineering services for utility and end-use
clients, reviewing electric and gas energy efficiency projects
including plan reviews, and other related tasks such as, site
inspections to verify installations and performing field
measurement and verification (M&V) related activities.The ideal
candidate will be technically sound, reliable, and punctual,
demonstrate initiative and follow-through, and be able to work
collaboratively with multiple team members on numerous tasks.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.At
Resource Innovations, we strive to make a positive difference in
the world through energy efficiency. We also believe in doing the
right thing, getting it right, and finding new and better ways of
doing things. If you want to make a difference, value integrity,
and provide quality service beyond expectations, we want to hear
from you.Resource Innovations, now combined with Nexant, is a
substantially woman-owned, woman-led energy consulting firm
dedicated to creating equal access to clean resources through
diverse partnerships. The company's deep roots and broad expertise
in resource efficiency, policy development, coalition and
partnership building, and market-based technology support enable
the delivery of highly successful energy programs. Nexant brings
over 20 years of expertise in demand-side management, grid
management, and renewables, as well as a comprehensive suite of
software designed to support these initiatives.Duties and
- Provide reliable and responsive customer service.
- Communicate effectively with contractors and customers.
- Assist contractors and customers with completing and submitting
- Assist contractors and customers to select appropriate energy
efficiency equipment that would qualify for equipment rebates from
- Perform energy audits of customer facilities to identify and
provide recommendations for potential energy efficiency
- Perform energy savings analyses via spreadsheet tools or energy
simulation modeling software (eQuest, and EnergyPlus). Maintain
quality of the deliverable products, demonstrating technical
accuracy, excellence and clarity while maintaining project's budget
- Write reports summarizing the results of the energy analyses
and recommend energy savings opportunities and incentive
- Communicate and coordinate efficiently with various project
stakeholders and participants including contractors and end
- Meet with utility customer and vendors to present results,
develop new scopes of work.
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of
replacement energy efficient equipment.
- Plan and perform M&V tasks including the installations of
field monitoring equipment to establish energy usage patterns, as
- Support the team under the direction of the engineering
- Other duties as assigned.Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Sustainable Engineering, or similar.
- 1- 3 years of related project experience.
- A strong understanding of electric energy using systems of
commercial and industrial facilities including equipment controls
and optimization and/or sustainability practices.
- Familiarity with relevant energy efficiency codes and standards
(e.g., ASHRAE 90.1, IECC, Code of Federal Regulations etc.).
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Arizona commercial building
market and local industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Project experience on Building Energy Modeling specifically
with one or more of the following Building Energy Modeling tools is
- eQuest, OpenStudio/EnergyPlus
- Strong proficiency with oral communication, writing, and
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through in a fast-paced
- Proven time management ability.
- Experience and aptitude with working in a team
- Proficiency in Office 365 Suite of applications and the ability
to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and have a personal
vehicle to visit customer sites (local travel within the Phoenix
metro area only)
- On track to receive or possess one or more of the following
certifications: P.E., C.E.M., C.B.C.P. (or similar), or
C.E.A.BenefitsResource Innovations offers competitive salaries
based on candidate's qualifications. Resource Innovations also
offers three weeks paid vacation per year, paid holidays, a 401(k)
plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive
benefits package.About Resource InnovationsResource Innovations,
with recently acquired Nexant, is a substantially woman-owned and
woman-led energy consulting firm dedicated to creating equal access
to clean resources through diverse partnerships. The company's deep
roots and broad expertise in resource efficiency, policy
development, coalition & partnership building and market-based
technology support enable the delivery of highly success energy
programs. Nexant brings over 20 years of expertise in demand-side
management, grid management and renewables as well as a
comprehensive suite of software designed to support these
initiatives.Resource Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected
status. In addition to federal law requirements, Resource
Innovations complies with applicable state and local laws governing
non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the
company does work.
Resource Innovations requires all new employees to report their
vaccination status by completing and signing a self-attestation
form provided by HR.The above job description and job requirements
are not intended to be all inclusive. Resource Innovations retains
the right to make changes or adjustments to job descriptions and/or
job requirements at any time without notice.
Keywords: Resource Innovations, Chandler , Energy Efficiency Engineer, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!