R-10039353 Analog Design Engineer
Company: NXP Semiconductors
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Analog Design EngineerBusiness Line DescriptionThe Advanced
Power Systems (APS) product line develops innovative power
management solutions for automotive applications. Our Power
Management IC (PMIC) products, combined with NXP automotive
microcontrollers and microprocessors, enable embedded control of
Safety, Braking, Airbag, Power Management, Drivers & Energy
Systems, ADAS, and Battery Management Systems. As an Analog Design
Engineer with the APS product line, you will be working on the
leading edge of automotive power management devices. You will be
responsible for the design and verification of analog / power
management circuits, as well as supporting your circuits through
validation and release to production. Job Summary:
- Design analog, mixed signal, power management ICs for
automotive power management applications.
- Transistor level circuit design: Mixed signal IC top level
architecture design, circuit concept and topology selection, device
sizing, pre- and post-layout circuit simulation, design reviews and
documentation, analog layout guidance, and other cell design
- Generate schematics and verification test benches to simulate
the design against all sources of variations.
- Collaborate with layout engineers to create and validate the
- Once the first prototype is available, measure the performance
and support during the qualification phase, redesigning as needed
to ensure the product meets specifications and fits the
- Interface with product definers and customers to understand the
need of each block and function within the design.
- Provide technical innovation and leadership to power management
IC developments; leading efforts to improve productivity and assure
quality of design efforts.
- Must have strong expertise in analog design theory and device
physics, capable of applying these to original and novel techniques
that provide significant value.
- Other desirable skills are a working understanding of ESD and
EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) techniques and testing
- Implementing circuit topologies and architectures that meet
state-of-the-art electrical performance over the lifetime stress of
an automotive applications.
- Implement circuit topologies and architectures that meet ASIL-D
safety requirements for automotive mission critical applications.
Cross functional aspects:
- Technical collaboration with product definition, applications,
product engineering, test engineering, packaging, manufacturing,
modeling, quality, and CAD
- Project planning and execution requires collaboration with
program management and business teamJob Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in analog, mixed signal, or power
management circuit design
- BSEE required; MSEE or PhD preferred
- Strong expertise in analog design, power management circuit
design, control theory, device physics
- Understanding of core analog circuits such as bandgap
references, current references, POR, comparators, amplifiers, IOs,
level shifters, oscillators, PLLs, etc.
- Understanding of power topologies such as buck, boost,
buck-boost, charge pumps, LDOs.
- Understanding of IC manufacturing process, able to guide layout
engineer in best practices to achieve desired circuit performance
- Must have experience taking projects from the concept to
production in high volume manufacturing
- Must be able to work with cross functional teams, have good
communication skills, able to operate in a global environment,
collaborating with multiple partners in design, test, program
management, and quality.
- Experience in hands-on silicon validation.
- Experience in automotive design (or other high reliability
applications) is preferred.
- Proficiency in using Cadence IC design flow required;
experience with mixed-signal design tools such as Verilog AMS is a
plus.Job location: Chandler, AZ
Keywords: NXP Semiconductors, Chandler , R-10039353 Analog Design Engineer, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!