Principal Engineer Electrical (RF Engineering Group)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Principal Electrical Engineer (RF Engineering Group) to
join our team.Qualifications:
- Develop launch vehicle RF communication systems from proposal
phase through design, procurement, test, integration and flight
- RF system architecture design.
- Responsible for block level architecture of RF communication
systems: Telemetry, Range Tracking, GPS, SATCOMM, vehicle to
- Ownership of the link margin requirements and simulation for
launch vehicle comm systems.
- Understanding of G/T calculations for receiving assets.
- Understanding of standard telemetry modulation schemes (PCM-FM,
QPSK, QAM), L-Band through Ku-Band.
- GPS C/A, P(Y) code system modeling experience and
troubleshooting - understanding of receiver acquisition and
- Responsible for intermodulation distortion analysis,
interference analysis, and radiated hazards analysis for launch
vehicle comm systems.
- RF System Test experience - transmitters, receivers, antennas,
microwave passive devices. Experience using network analyzer,
spectrum analyzer, signal generators, noise sources, and RF power
- Understands vibration, acceleration, mechanical shock, thermal,
thermal vacuum requirements for device qualification and acceptance
- RF device procurement experience: source control drawing
development, Statement of Work creation and supplier
- Responsible for written documentation technical analyses to
meet internal and external requirements.
- Software/Application Experience
- Python, MATLAB
- System Tool Kit (STK), CST Microwave Studio (or similar full
wave EM solvers)Preferred Experience:
- Radar Cross Section (RCS): modeling, simulation (Xpatch or
other asymptotic/full wave solver) and/or RCS measurement of
- Agile tools training - JIRA/bitbucket experience
- Antenna pattern modeling/simulation (CST/HFSS or equivalent)
and anechoic chamber radiated pattern testing.
- ADS microwave circuit modeling experience
- EMI/EMC/Electromagnetic Environments (lightning, radiation,
pulse) test or modeling experience.Minimum Qualifications:5 Years
Experience with RF Electrical Engineering with BS; 3 Years with
MastersSalary Range: $87,600 USD - $131,400 USD Employees may be
eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual
bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as
allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice
President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Principal Engineer Electrical (RF Engineering Group), Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!