Closed Area Engineer Tech 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.The
Secure Area Integration Team has an opening for an Engineering
Technician at level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located in Chandler, Arizona.
This position supports multiple Launch Vehicle programs in
Chandler, AZ by completing a variety of task for the classified
areas. The selected candidate will ensure tasks associated with
maintaining and improving a closed area are completed in a timely
and compliant manner. This position will report to the Secure Area
Program Manager. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Complete required tasks to complete Secure Area Projects
- Submits and tracks IT incidents and new requests in accordance
with established processes.
- Submits and coordinates company software approvals for
unclassified and classified IS.
- Conducts hardware inventories of unclassified and classified
equipment in closed areas.
- Submits and coordinates requests to move equipment tracked by
Information Assurance (IA) into and out of closed areas.
- Emplace and physically connect computer systems, monitors,
video teleconferencing equipment, printers, and phones as
- Assist with procurement of necessary office supplies for the
closed area to function, including transfer media and
- Process unclassified and classified IT equipment for
- Escort uncleared contractors into classified areas and ensure
security requirements are enforced during the completion of the
- Coordinate with contractors and LV programs for acceptable
times an uncleared worker can enter the facility
- Ensure closed areas are maintained, to include cleanliness of
- Perform limited facility work in the closed areas, in close
coordination with the facilities department. This includes,
mounting TVs, pulling network cables, moving furniture and setting
up IT equipment.
- Support the construction of new closed areas and ICD 705
- Perform logistic tasks supporting the closed areas, to include
receiving and shipping packages.
- Perform mission critical data transfers across various security
boundaries for multiple programs
- Process and coordinate physical shipment and receipt of
unclassified and classified parcels and media.Basic Qualifications:
- Current and active Department of Defense (DOD) Secret
- 2 years of relevant professional experience and High School
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of IT
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated, works well with
others in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently
managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal
levels of supervision.
- Effective writing, speaking, analytical, and customer service
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment,
with demanding deadlines while ensuring internal/external customer
needs are met.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal
courteously and effectively with a diverse group of
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to account for early
morning, late evening or weekend work as needed per current project
- U.S. Citizenship Status is required as this position will
require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
- U.S. Citizenship Status is required as this position needs an
Active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of
- Top Secret Clearance
- Experience working in a classified environment to include SCIF
- Experience with construction of ICD 705 facilities
- Experience with National Security Information system related
security requirements to include technical computer/network system
- Associate Degree or Higher in a Technology related field or
directly related experience Salary Range: $43,200 USD - $72,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Closed Area Engineer Tech 2, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!