Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products
and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines,
machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems
for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing
of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments,
controls, engines, and/or machines.Embark on a career putting
innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and
beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that
play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and
scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the
universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and
collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you
start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on
earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and
launch your career today.Job SummaryNorthrop Grumman Space Systems
is searching for an Mechanical Engineer and be part of our
Integration (Build) and Test team in Launch Vehicles at our
Chandler, AZ facility.Job ResponsibilitiesRole Description &
Responsibilities:The candidate will serve as the Integration
(build) and Test Mechanical Engineer for an assigned Program
requiring the candidate to function in a dynamic multi-disciplinary
environment. Daily responsibilities will require direct contact
with launch vehicle flight hardware and ground support equipment.
The candidate will help develop the concept of operation for all
integration and test activities associated with preparation and
execution of flight test operations at the launch range.Specific
duties may include:
- Writing and reviewing work instructions
- Planning and scheduling day to day tasks
- Hands-on testing at a systems level.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures for the
assembly and test of launch vehicle systems.
- Coordinating integration activities with supervisors, program
engineers and various customer organizations.
- Incorporating design changes on work in process or completed
assemblies; documenting and dispositioning hardware discrepancies
and pursuing root cause and corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Hands on integration experience with multiple sub-systems or
components is required.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently and
complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- The candidate must be willing to occasionally work during odd
hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>
40 hrs/wk) to meet program deadlines.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for long durations (4-8
weeks) to support field operations at the launch range. Travel to
but not limited to US west coast, possible international travel,
requiring a passport.
- The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to
completion autonomously.Experience Requirements:
- System integration, testing, production and launch operations
experience is required.
- Skills to write test procedures and review test data to ensure
that hardware is tested properly and has passed all required
- Experience with Northrop Grumman LV I&T
standards/guidelines and expectations is desired.
- Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings,
presentation, negotiation) is desired.
- Experience working with operational hazards such as propulsive
devices, pressurized systems, overhead lifting, and high voltage
systems is desired.
- Experience with proposal writing is desired.
- MES (Manufacturing Execution System) software file creation,
plant floor layout, production build experience, BOE (Basis of
Estimate) creation, and Costpoint system knowledgeSkills and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to
present to large customer community
- Ability to solve problems, support troubleshooting efforts,
drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment, and lead small projects
- Experience working with design, integration, or testing of
launch vehicles is highly desired.
- CAD experience is preferred
- Ability to travel: Travel expectation 25%Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum Education / Experience: 3 Years with Bachelors in
Science; 1 Year with Masters
- Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Secret level security
clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a
- Candidate must possess or have the ability to obtain a U.S.
Passport for travel.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience performing formal requirements decomposition and/or
verificationMechanical or Aerospace engineering backgroundNorthrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions." Salary Range: $64,600
USD - $97,000 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary
bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to
reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share
in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director
positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition,
Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health
insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan,
Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or
personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their
families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to
remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop
Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated
or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation,
pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the
currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive
Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/
.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Engineer Mechanical, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!