Senior Quality Engineer
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Nourish the world and your
career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.Our Nutrition
business develops science-based nutrition products for people of
all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult
bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count
on our leading brands - including Similac -, PediaSure -, Pedialyte
-, Ensure -, Glucerna - and ZonePerfect - - to help get the
nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.Our location in
Casa Grande AZ is looking for a Quality Engineer. The Casa Grande,
AZ Plant, is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in
the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the
world. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 480
that works together to help nourish the world.WHAT WE OFFER At
Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs, start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks (1st yr prorated) + vacation buy
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: - The Senior Quality Engineer is
involved in all aspects of the manufacturing operation from
assessing equipment needs, to documenting installation,
qualification, and ongoing validation of equipment and processes. -
The Quality Engineer is also expected to assist in the
identification and resolution of quality related issues and work
with other areas to resolve issues. - WHAT YOU'LL DO:Essential
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
- Review RCEs, Validation documents, Preventative Maintenance &
Calibration records to identify impact to quality aspects, GMP and
potential product hazards.
- Contribute to development of appropriate process designs and
validation protocols; assist in the design and execution of
validation protocols when required.
- Assist in the development and performance of process capability
studies on manufacturing equipment. Work with equipment reliability
teams on process improvements.
- Assist in development and implementation of quality and
productivity improvement projects.
- Provide Quality Assurance input to the change control program
and maintenance of the Validation Master Plan. Perform periodic
- Assist in exception report root cause analysis, exception
report trending and problem identification and resolution on
Quality Assurance and Validation projects.
- Perform HACCP GMP, IFA, cross connection / backflow, SQF
validation / verification and other quality and compliance audits
- Ensure updates are made to the HACCP and Food Safety Plans
based on impact of changes in the plant from a Hazard Assessment &
Risk based approach.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING:Minimum
of 4 years in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on Quality.
Technical knowledge of food manufacturing equipment, processes and
procedures.Minimum 4+ years of technical experience in a
manufacturing organization with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in
Science (preferably Manufacturing, Engineering or other related
disciplines)Must have HACCP and PCQI certifications.Knowledge of
Statistical processes and requirements
- 4 years' experience /knowledge of Food Manufacturing, HACCP,
FSMA regulations, Low Acid Food regulations, Infant Formula
regulations, Aseptic processing and other requirements such as
Kosher and Halal preferred.
- 4 years working with statistical tools and problem solving.
Must have strong computer technical skills, data analysis.
- Must be able to work and influence cross functional teams,
self-motivated, design to solve problems and drive programs/teams
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Chandler , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Stanfield, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!