Operations Process Safety Engineer
Company: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Posted on: September 18, 2022
36411BRReq No.:36411BRJob Description and Qualifications:Air
Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer
of industrial gases, has an immediate opportunity for an Operations
Process Safety Engineer. This role will ideally be based at our
global headquarters in Allentown, PA, but there is flexibility on
location.The successful candidate will be a member of the Americas
Operations Process Safety team. The Process Safety team ensures
safe operation of all assets across the region, including process
plants, pipeline networks, customer installations and fleet
equipment. A suite of tools and methodologies help the team stay in
sync with corporate process safety criteria and policies by
evaluating risk and developing mitigation strategies to keep our
employees, our customers, and our neighbors safe. Operating assets
cover various technologies, including air separation (cryogenic and
noncryogenic), hydrogen/CO/syngas production, liquid CO2
production, and hydrogen for mobility.Principal
- Lead and/or facilitate Process Safety Assessments, including
Process Hazard Analyses for projects and operating facilities to
identify hazards, ensure adequate safeguards exist and recommend
additional safeguards as required.
- Conduct specialized risk and consequence studies, including
quantified risk analysis and dispersion modeling, in conjunction
with the Central Process Safety Team, for company risk assessment
or regulatory requirements.
- Lead or participate in the root cause analysis and accident
investigation for incidents.
- Provide process safety consulting, review, and approval to
support plant Management of Change (MOC) and Mechanical Integrity
extensions to ensure good engineering design and compliance with
Air Products standards and policies.
- Administer the global safety retrofit program by providing
prioritization, technical guidance, and design details to meet the
intended risk reduction
- Participate in the development of global process safety
standards, tools, programs, training courses, and work
- Identify and implement continuous improvement efforts to drive
process safety performance.
- Assist in interpretation of national and local process safety
regulatory/code requirements for the region where the plant is
installed. Provide documentation for regulatory filings.
- Peer review process safety calculations, consequence modeling,
and analyses completed by others
- Travel to site in support of process safety assessments -
typical travel would be 10-20%Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering strongly preferred;
other subject areas will be considered based on experience.
- Minor in Process Safety a plus.
- 5-20 years work experience in industrial gas, oil and gas,
petrochemical, chemical or related industries in a process safety,
process engineering or plant engineering role.
- Prior knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) strongly
- Experience and understanding of flowsheets (P&IDs), safety
relief demand scenarios, and basic function of unit
- Experience with consequence modeling (PHAST), risk
quantification (LOPA) and hazard review documentation (PHAWorks) is
- Experience with instrumentation, process controls, and
electrical design is beneficial.
- Good leadership skills, good engineering problem-solving
skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, and passion
about the job mission.Working here you will discover: Rewards for
your achievements and respect as a valued member of the team.
Challenging and exciting work that makes a difference. A
collaborative environment where you are encouraged to build lasting
relationships. Broad opportunities for growth and development in a
global company. Colleagues who are caring and driven to win!At Air
Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential,
inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and
matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
(https://www.airproducts.com/company) We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable
medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be
eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement
benefits on your first day of employment!Air Products thanks all
applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those
applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are
currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran
status.Job Title:Operations Process Safety EngineerEmployment
Status:Full TimeLocation:US-AZ-Chandler, US-CA-Carson,
US-CA-Martinez, US-LA-Baton Rouge, US-PA-Allentown,
AmericaOrganization:Global Industrial GasesBusiness Sector /
Division:Industrial Gases Americas
Keywords: Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Chandler , Operations Process Safety Engineer, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!