Senior Engineer - Traffic
Posted on: September 19, 2022
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design
firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to
providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow,
and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us - and
will continue to allow us - to grow. The result? Inspired people,
amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
Professional with expertise in Intelligent Transportation Systems
(ITS) and/or Traffic Engineering. Experience may include one or
more of the following elements related to transportation
technology: planning, design, operations, software, and
fiber/wireless/copper communications systems. Additional experience
or background with traditional traffic engineering and/or related
emerging technology is also desired and includes connected and
autonomous vehicles, vehicle electrification, microtransit, data
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- The ability to lead the expansion of Olsson's traffic and
transportation technology practice in Arizona, including building a
greater client base, winning and leading projects, seeking and
hiring additional staff, and adding service lines for new and
- Coordinates with technology experts within other Olsson
practices to collaborate technology efforts and share knowledge and
- Internally consults with various offices and partners
throughout the firm, to build relationships and create project
opportunities in Arizona and nationally.
- Provides direction in putting together technical resources for
key transportation technology projects. This will include assisting
in pursuit strategies and teaming arrangements.
- Develops and maintains a reputation for specialized expertise
by presenting at client and industry events and conferences and/or
by publishing in industry-related publications.
- Possesses a strong ability to communicate and coordinate
actions across geographic locations.
- PTOE (Professional Traffic Operations Engineer) preferred
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing
in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental,
and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us
today, we're here to improve communities by making them more
sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we
work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you'll receive our traditional benefits
package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through
our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female,
veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open
positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for
employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.
Keywords: Olsson, Chandler , Senior Engineer - Traffic, Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!