Associate Digital Analog Electrical Engineer (ADG)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Requisition ID: R10066220
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Associate Electrical Engineer - ADGNorthrop Grumman is seeking
electrical engineers for our Avionics Design Group (ADG). This
position will be located at our Space Systems Sector in Chandler,
AZ. The Chandler group performs cradle-to-grave engineering on the
majority of their launch vehicles. They are working on
approximately 15 separate vehicles at any given time, among them
are Antares, Minotaur, Pegasus, GMD, Sentinel, and many more. Their
products serve a variety of purposes including ISS (International
Space Station) cargo resupply, deploying defense satellites,
developing missile interceptor technology, and providing much
needed target vehicles to better hone our military capability.ADG's
Common Basic Qualifications:
- BSEE with 0 years' applicable industry experience
- Must be capable of understanding and adhering to department
- Ability to work in an Agile project format, team based
environment, including Jira and Git environments.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Active Secret Clearance is
requiredADG's Common Preferred Qualifications:
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is preferred.Within the
overall Avionics Design Group (ADG) we are hiring in two different
and exciting specialty areas:Digital / Analog Circuit DesignJob
Responsibilities: Based on specific objectives, perform design,
analysis, or test of complex circuits without detailed direction
from more senior engineers. Select component parts for the design
to meet stringent environment requirements including radiation.
Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering
principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and
complete the design. Simulate design to verify as-designed circuit
response meets requirement criteria. Evaluate completed design with
more senior engineers and other technical groups and make
modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies
requirements. Write design and test documentation including
analyses, specifications, user manuals, test procedures, etc.
Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to
evaluate the design and bring to production status. May also
oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component supplier design,
analysis, manufacture, and test.Additional Basic Qualifications for
ADG's Digital/Analog Circuit Design team:
- Mixed signal or digital circuit design experience
- Proficiency with Pspice simulation, Cadence Schematic
- Experienced in hardware troubleshooting / software debugging.
Physical testing experience including lab measurement
(oscilloscope, signal/function generator, logic analyzer, etc).
Generating design documents, specifications, user's manuals, test
plans.Additional Preferred Qualifications for ADG's Digital/Analog
Circuit Design team:
- Familiarity with Cadence Allegro PWB, CAM350, Matlab, VHDL,
Python is preferred.
- Familiarity with VHDL design/verification.FPGA - VHDL Design /
VerificationJob Responsibilities: Digital FPGA design / formal
verification in VHDL for use in aerospace avionics.
- Based on specific objectives, perform design, analysis, or test
of complex circuits without detailed direction from more senior
- Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering
principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and
complete the design.
- Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other
technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a
design that satisfies requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to
evaluate the design.
- May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component
supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.Additional Basic
Qualifications for ADG's FPGA - VHDL Design / Verification team:
Familiarity with the following:
- Serial communication protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, 1-Wire,
- Fixed point mathematic fundamentals, Static Timing Analysis and
Timing Closure (setup and hold, slack, skew, etc.)
- Asynchronous Clock Domain crossing and general metastability
- Test-bench development, including timing accurate bus
functional models, complete functional coverage, etc.
- Design verification.
- Generating design documents including specifications, user's
manuals and test plans.
- Physical testing experience including lab measurements
(oscilloscope, digital logic analyzer), defining test setups,
in-circuit debugging, etc.Additional Preferred Qualifications for
ADG's FPGA - VHDL Design / Verification team:
- Familiarity with Cadence Allegro PWB, Matlab, Python
- ModelSim or QuestaSim experience
- Formal verification experience using OSVVM
Salary Range: $58,900 USD - $88,200 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship
is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Associate Digital Analog Electrical Engineer (ADG), Engineering , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!