Director of EHS
Posted on: August 28, 2020
MSR-FSR is a global partner to equipment manufacturers and
device manufacturers in the Semiconductor Industry! Our positions
include benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and
paid holidays. Join our awesome team in an exciting, fast paced,
and ever-growing industry!
We are looking for a local EHS Director to support MSR-FSR's
facility operations in Chandler, AZ . The scope of this position is
to continually improve quality performance and to help ensure a
safe and compliant work environment. This position is to provide
direction and management of MSR-FSR's Environmental, Health, and
Safety (EH&S) efforts worldwide and leadership to continually
improve EH&S performance.
- Promoting opportunities to improve MSR-FSR's competitive
position through improvements in EH&S structure and
- Providing guidance to ensure MSR-FSR workplaces are
constructed, maintained, and operated to promote protection of the
environment and worker and visitor safety and health.
- Ensuring continuing compliance with EH&S laws, regulations,
and permit conditions and conforming with MSR-FSR internal EH&S
rules in all MSR-FSR endeavors.
- Providing assistance to MSR-FSR managers in promoting
understanding of the company's, management's, and employees'
EH&S responsibilities through communication and training. Major
areas of responsibility include the following:
- Provide overall guidance for the company's' EH&S efforts
- Generally understand the EH&S requirements applicable to
MSR-FSR's operations worldwide.
- Prepare written documentation providing direction to EH&S
compliance and improvement efforts (e.g., policies, manuals, plans
and programs, procedures and guidelines, forms, and training
- Respond to facilities' requests for EH&S assistance (e.g.,
answers to questions, EH&S technical and regulatory
clarifications, creation of EH&S plans and forms, EH&S
evaluation of workplace designs, and product EH&S
- Conduct research, as needed, to ensure compliance and keep up
to date on changes in EH&S regulations, technology, social
emphasis, politics, resources, etc.
- Complete audits to determine the status of compliance with
regulatory requirements and conformance with company rules, and to
seek out opportunities to improve EH&S performance. Provide
post-audit recommendations on actions to address deficiencies.
- Maintain an effective EH&S department.
- Enforce EH&S requirements (laws, regulations, permit
conditions, and company-imposed requirements).
- Audit and look at all aspects of facilities' EH&S systems
- Approve or modify facilities' proposed corrective and
- Draft policies, plans, programs, procedures, guidance, etc.,
subject to the company's adopted approval process.
- Call upon facility management to designate individuals for
certain responsibilities (e.g., hazardous waste handling and
disposal, fire inspections, hazardous material handling, storage,
and use) and hold them accountable.
- Require dissemination of EH&S information; e.g., EH&S
policies, EH&S plans (Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan,
Fire Prevention Plan, and Exposure Control Plan), programs (HazCom,
Waste Minimization), and memos & notices and their contents.
- Assure the safety and development of a superior workforce.
- Protect the company 's reputation of delivery of services and
products with strong compliance to EH&S standards. Job
- Broad knowledge and experience in EH&S management and
semiconductor industry best practices.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members in
relation to EH&S.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company
Board of Directors.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Must include Excel and skills in database management and record
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of
- Excellent organizational skills.
- -25% travel required for site audits. Education and Experience:
- 3+ years' progressive leadership experience in EH&S
- Specialized training in EH&S legislation preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate networks and
- Semiconductor industry experience highly desired. MSR-FSR
offers a comprehensive benefit package including
medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short-term and
long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) with matching
MSR-FSR is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: MSR-FSR, Chandler , Director of EHS, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!