Director of EHS
Posted on: October 19, 2020
MSR-FSR is a global partner to equipment manufacturers and
device manufacturers in the Semiconductor Industry! Our positions
include benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, and
paid holidays. Join our awesome team in an exciting, fast paced,
and ever-growing industry!We are looking for a local EHS Director
to support MSR-FSR's facility operations in Chandler, AZ. The scope
of this position is to continually improve quality performance and
to help ensure a safe and compliant work environment. This position
is to provide direction and management of MSR-FSR's Environmental,
Health, and Safety (EH&S) efforts worldwide and leadership to
continually improve EH&S performance. Position Description:
Promoting opportunities to improve
MSR-FSR's competitive position through improvements in EH&S
structure and performance.Providing guidance to ensure MSR-FSR
workplaces are constructed, maintained, and operated to promote
protection of the environment and worker and visitor safety and
health.Ensuring continuing compliance with EH&S laws,
regulations, and permit conditions and conforming with MSR-FSR
internal EH&S rules in all MSR-FSR endeavors.Providing
assistance to MSR-FSR managers in promoting understanding of the
company's, management's, and employees' EH&S responsibilities
through communication and training.Major areas of responsibility
include the following:
Provide overall guidance for the
company's' EH&S efforts worldwide.Generally understand the
EH&S requirements applicable to MSR-FSR's operations
worldwide.Prepare written documentation providing direction to
EH&S compliance and improvement efforts (e.g., policies,
manuals, plans and programs, procedures and guidelines, forms, and
training programs).Respond to facilities' requests for EH&S
assistance (e.g., answers to questions, EH&S technical and
regulatory clarifications, creation of EH&S plans and forms,
EH&S evaluation of workplace designs, and product EH&S
evaluations).Conduct research, as needed, to ensure compliance and
keep up to date on changes in EH&S regulations, technology,
social emphasis, politics, resources, etc.Complete audits to
determine the status of compliance with regulatory requirements and
conformance with company rules, and to seek out opportunities to
improve EH&S performance. Provide post-audit recommendations on
actions to address deficiencies.Primary Objectives:
- Maintain an effective EH&S department.
- Enforce EH&S requirements (laws, regulations, permit
conditions, and company-imposed requirements).
- Audit and look at all aspects of facilities' EH&S systems
- Approve or modify facilities' proposed corrective and
- Draft policies, plans, programs, procedures, guidance, etc.,
subject to the company's adopted approval process.
- Call upon facility management to designate individuals for
certain responsibilities (e.g., hazardous waste handling and
disposal, fire inspections, hazardous material handling, storage,
and use) and hold them accountable.
- Require dissemination of EH&S information; e.g., EH&S
policies, EH&S plans (Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan,
Fire Prevention Plan, and Exposure Control Plan), programs (HazCom,
Waste Minimization), and memos & notices and their contents.
- Assure the safety and development of a superior workforce.
- Protect the company's reputation of delivery of services and
products with strong compliance to EH&S standards.Job
- Broad knowledge and experience in EH&S management and
semiconductor industry best practices.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members in
relation to EH&S.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company
Board of Directors.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Must include Excel and skills in database management and record
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of
- Excellent organizational skills.
- -25% travel required for site audits.Education and Experience:
- 3+ years' progressive leadership experience in EH&S
- Specialized training in EH&S legislation preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate networks and
- Semiconductor industry experience highly desired. MSR-FSR
offers a comprehensive benefit package including
medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short-term and
long-term disability insurance, and 401(k) with matching
contributions. MSR-FSR is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: MSR-FSR, Chandler , Director of EHS, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!