Manager Programs 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Business Operations Manager 2 will be a direct report to the
Business Operations Manager 3. The Manager 2 will partner with the
Program and Functional Managers to manage all financial,
contractual and schedule aspects of the program to achieve the
Business Unit's financial and strategic objectives.
This position will be located in Chandler, AZ.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide direct management oversight for a team of Business
Operations functions (Contracts, Proposals, Scheduling, Program
- Manage financial business analysis and reporting with the
ability to clearly communicate with senior management as it relates
to financial program status and analyses.
- Manage and assist in the development of business strategy and
forecasting, through internal or external deliverables such as the
Long Range Strategic Plan and the Annual Operating Plan.
- Oversee key line forecasting, work authorization,
implementation of EV reporting, program budgeting, estimate at
complete development, and various financial reporting
- Coordinate cost and schedule analyses and preparation of
reports to ensure contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon
cost and schedule parameters and government cost control
- Manage the proposal process from draft RFP to award, including
review of RFP, FAR clauses, coordination with subcontractor
flow-downs, basis of estimates, indirect rates, pricing strategies,
cash management, negotiation strategy and oversight, and presenting
to Senior Management.
- Manage risks and opportunities with multiple contract types
from both an execution and financial perspective.
- Manage and support of the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) and
required data submittals
- Manage and support various internal and external audits as
applicable. The successful candidate must have a proven track
record in leading a diverse team as well as the ability to promote
the professional development of the business management workforce,
fostering a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around
ethics and integrity, employee engagement, affordability,
innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
The candidate will maintain the highest level of commitment to
quality, compliance, and internal controls in adherence to company
values and ethics. The position requires some travel to customer
and other off-site locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business related discipline with 9 years
of associated job experience. 7 years with MS degree.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and develop talent
- Experience with program proposals, cost and schedule control,
program budgeting and forecasting for DoD programs
- Schedule, Earned Value and financial reporting experience on a
variety of contract types
- Previous participation with customer directed IBRs
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the
- Willingness to obtain a Secret level security clearance - US
Citizenship is a prerequisite
- General aerospace and launch vehicle knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge and management of various government CLIN types
including CPIF/CPAF/FPIF/FPAF/FFPPreferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Business related discipline
- Secret Clearance or Higher
- Familiar with COBRA and COGNOS systems and reporting
- Experience developing business strategy and forecasting,
through internal or external deliverables such a Long Range
Strategic Plan or Annual Operating Plan
- Familiarity with launch vehicle development and production
programs Salary Range: $123,900 USD - $185,900 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chandler , Manager Programs 2, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!