Company: Keystone Law Firm
Posted on: August 1, 2022
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Manager is to "make
it rain." You will work closely with the Owner. You will implement
his marketing vision, adding your unique flare and expertise. You
will create the annual Marketing Plan, and quarterly implementation
schedule that supports the Owner's vision, the Business Plan and
marketing Budget. The objective is to deliver the targeted gross
revenue within the Marketing Department Budget and see to it that
the Marketing Plan is executed.
The Marketing Manager is a full time, exempt position. This
position requires a results based mindset. You will be expected to
roll up your sleeves and produce phenomenal results. If you can do
this, your efforts will be handsomely rewarded.
This following is in CAPS because I am yelling. I want to make a
point, a statement, and I don't want any misunderstanding about
what this is or isn't.
- THIS POSITION IS AN IN PERSON - I need you here so you can
learn and convey our culture, our voice, and our values.
- THIS POSITION IS A DIRECT RESPONSE MARKETING POSITION. IF YOU
ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE TERM "DIRECT RESPONSE," DO NOT APPLY.
- THIS POSITION IS PRIMARILY B2C DIRECT RESPONSE MARKETING
- THIS POSITION IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH A GROWING COMPANY,
WITH FANTASTIC CULTURE OF UNITY AND HARD WORK.
- THIS POSITION WILL BE A LOT OF FUN; YOU WILL LOVE WORKING
- THIS POSITION IS NOT A BRANDING JOB.
- THIS POSITION IS NOT A PUBLICITY JOB.
- THIS POSITION IS NOT PUBLIC RELATIONS JOB.
- THIS POSITION IS NOT A NETWORKING JOB.
- THIS IS A DIRECT RESPONSE MARKETING JOB. THE POSITION INCLUDES
WRITING DIRECT RESPONSE COPY. IF YOU CANNOT WRITE, DO NOT APPLY. IF
YOU THINK GRAPHIC DESIGN AND PRETTY PICTURES ARE MORE IMPORTANT
THAN WELL CRAFTED WORDS, DO NOT APPLY.
The Marketing Manager must also develop a comprehensive
understanding of State Bar Rules regulating advertising and ensure
the Firm's marketing materials and efforts comply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop marketing plans with strategies and tactics (both short
and long range) to ensure that the firm reaches or exceeds revenue
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors market, financial,
technological, and demographic factors so that opportunities may be
capitalized on quickly and the possibility of competitors capturing
market share is minimized.
- Plans, oversees the organization's marketing portion of the
CRM, advertising, and promotion activities including print, radio,
TV, online, email, and direct mail tactics.
- Develops and recommends pricing strategy for the organization
that will result in the greatest share of the market over the long
- Evaluates results to ensure moving swiftly in relation to
marketing challenges and opportunities to be certain that revenue
targets are reached or exceeded.
- Create and implement marketing metrics systems that track
results so there is a data driven feedback system to aid in
- Creates a firm culture of "rainmaking" by designing and
implementing training and coaching for the rest of the team.
- Develop marketing material (hard copy and electronic).
- Drip campaigns.
- Tag/categorize existing lists.
- Develop education/marketing for existing clients.
- Organize live events (seminars/workshops/ VIP events).
- Review metrics on marketing campaigns, and incoming calls and
- Measure results.
- Maintain archive of ALL marketing materials in compliance with
State Bar rules.
- Conduct meetings with other staff and Owner to plan and develop
- Prepare and conduct monthly Performance Evaluations of all
Experience & Education
- If you are familiar with Dan Kennedy or GKIC, we love you
- Successful experience in Direct Response Marketing.
- Successful experience in direct mail marketing.
- Successful experience in PPC.
- Ability to write long form multi-page sales letters.
- Split testing.
- Understand and implement "lumpy mail."
- Successful use of "lead magnets".
- Design and execute multi-step drip campaigns.
- Successful back-end marketing campaigns.
- Referral partner/Center of Influence marketing campaigns.
- Understand Google PPC, Facebook ads, and email marketing
- Understand the difference between vanity numbers (clicks,
likes, shares, views, followers, friends, etc. and real numbers
(downloads, calls, sales, revenue, referrals).
- Ability to write direct response copy, including PPC ads, TV
commercial copy, radio commercial copy, multi-page sales letters,
and email marketing copy.
- A strong track record and prior marketing experience, with or
without a degree, is essential.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of internet marketing.
- Experience with CRM systems, graphic design software, social
media, WordPress, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
The reason I emphasize writing so heavily is that it takes a good
writer to recognize good writing. I want someone who has these
skills. I don't need a marketing manager to hire writers. I can do
that. I need, in the beginning, someone who can write. As we grow,
you will hire marketing assistants to write for you. But I have
found that marketers who cannot write and expect to outsource the
actual work, are no better than me. In fact, if they don't know how
to write, they can't distinguish good writing from bad writing.
Furthermore, writing is everything. You will help develop TV
commercial scripts. Sales scripts for receptionists and the sales
team. Scripts for GAS calls and for referral partner calls. Sales
copy is the lifeblood of a growing business. I want great sales
copy. Hopefully you agree. If all this seems too confusing, just
quit now. Don't waste my time or yours. If your previous experience
does not include direct response writing, do not apply.
What's in it for You:
This is a salary plus incentive position. A successful candidate
will earn well into the six-figures after 12 months of proven
success. Starting salary range $75,000 - $95,000 DOE.
- 401(k) with match
- Health Insurance and Vision
- 15 days of PTO in year one.
- Ongoing training
- Learning resources
How to Apply
- With your application, attach your resume to a sales letter
advertising to me your Marketing Manager services. The sales letter
can be as long as you like. More is usually better.
- Assume I am your avatar, your ideal prospective new
- Assume I am interested in the service you provide, and that I
am both able and willing to pay for your service. But, the problem
is, I don't know that you exist; I have never heard of you
- Assume, which is true, that I am an Estate Planning Attorney. I
own a small law firm. I want to grow and I need a Marketing Manager
to develop and run radio, TV, digital and direct mail so I can move
- My biggest worry is how to attract more qualified prospective
new clients. Assume I need help getting to the next level.
- Make sure you sales letter has the following: an offer, a
reason for me to respond right now, clear instructions how to
respond, a call to action, strong aggressive copy risking possibly
offending me (or more likely compelling enough to get me to take
Keywords: Keystone Law Firm, Chandler , Marketing Manager, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!