Director, Business Risk and Controls - Bank
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of Job This position is considered a Hybrid work
location - includes both work from home and in office.
Oversees a team responsible for the development, implementation and
oversight of programs that support effective Risk and compliance
management in the first line of defense. Supports business leader
adherence to the established Risk framework and ongoing supervision
of business controls and is accountable for the development and
mentoring of a successful team responsible for Risk and control
self-assessments, identifying control failures, facilitating Risk
and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and
regulatory exams, and monitoring the of first line of defense in an
effort to minimize Risk exposures and strengthen the overall
control environment. Job Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it
means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of
U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. Tasks
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Directs staff and initiatives that support Risk and control
management programs, to include governance support, Risk oversight,
Risk infrastructure development, Risk identification,
quantification, aggregation, and emerging Risks.
- Advises senior management and influences process change.
- Builds and leads a successful team of Risk and internal control
professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, performance
management and related managerial activities.
- Leads consulting relationships with internal and external
clients regarding budget and implementation deliverables and Risk
mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Partners with essential team members in the business and
oversees the identification, assessment and documentation of Risks
and controls, including Risks associated with new or modified
products, services, distribution channels, regulations and/or
- Reviews, communicates and recommends the development of
governance policies and procedures in partnership with senior
leaders to ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry
standard processes and regulatory requirements.
- Provides counsel to business unit managers on Risk management
issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on
their impact to USAA's Risk profile.
- Educates Risk owners on Risk/control standard processes and may
work with other lines of defense in the development and
implementation of controls.
- Implements processes for collecting accurate and complete
internal loss data from business areas.
- Directs analysis and data mining initiatives that identify,
validate, and manage emerging Risk exposures, as necessary.
- Assists in the early identification of Risk trends by
establishing and monitoring key performance and Risk
- Coordinates the preparation of key reports and communications
and may present to governance committees, senior leaders,
regulatory bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.Minimum
- Bachelor s Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 8 years of proven experience supporting Risk and/or compliance
related activities in a financial services operating environment or
other relevant industry; OR 8 years of demonstrated ability in a
relevant quantitative field; OR Advanced degree or designation in a
Risk management or quantitative field, and 6 years demonstrated
ability supporting Risk and/or compliance related activities; OR
PhD in a Risk management or quantitative field, and 4 years of
experience supporting Risk and/or compliance related
- 3 years of direct team lead or people management
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include: OCC Heightened Standards, BSA/AML, REG E,
UDAAP/UDAP, TILA/REG Z, SCRA, FCRA, MLA.Preferred
- 2 years experience with Issue Management Lifecyle inclusive of
Issue identification, action plan development, and remediation /
- Experience driving development of brand new and highly
- Superior risk experience and ability to train and influence
others to think about risk and root cause effectively.
- Experience with the development and implementation of
Operational Risk Management Frameworks within the Financial
- Experience supervising the execution of Risk and Control
Self-Assessments (RCSA), business process and control documentation
(PRCI/BPM/PRC), change management risk assessments, and operational
control testing. When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses. Compensation: USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $106,80 - $192,300. Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential : Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Please click on the link
below for more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Director, Business Risk and Controls - Bank, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!