Neighborhood Sales Manager
Company: The New Home Company
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The New Home Company is a new generation homebuilder focused on
the design, construction, and sale of innovative and
consumer-driven homes in major metropolitan areas in California,
Arizona, and Colorado. NEW HOME was named 2019 Builder of the Year
by Professional Builder and is a multi-year recipient of "The
Eliant" for Best Overall Customer Experience in the
multi-divisional buildersegment. In addition, NEW HOME has just
recently achieved the honor of a 2021 Top Workplace for Orange
County, California. At The New Home Company, we believe that PEOPLE
matter. The strength of our homes is built upon a foundation of
focused, energized, visionary and dedicated team members. Our goal
is to provide a workplace that supports you indoing the best work
of your life. Check out NWHM's 2020 Corporate Sustainability Report
more information on working at The New Home Company. Position Job
Title:Manager, Neighborhood Sales FLSA Status:Hourly Non-Exempt
Position Summary Assume ultimate responsibility for meeting or
exceeding sales and closing quotas on a monthly basis within
specified profit margins. Job Duties: Specific Job Duties The
Critical Path to Sales:
- Immediately greet or acknowledge all visitors who enter the
model with enthusiasm and establish rapport with them.
- Ask open-ended, indirect questions which draw out the
customers' wants and needs.
- Perform model demonstrations, highlighting how the various
features of our homes meet the customers wants and needs.
- Complete all contract and related paperwork in an organized,
expeditious manner and obtain approval as necessary.
- At the appropriate time, obtain all information necessary to
thoroughly complete registration cards. Prospect Follow-Up:
- Maintain a system for organizing prospect registration cards
according to appropriate categories to insure timely follow-up
using the established computer system.
- If a contract is not written during the initial visit, before
prospects leave ask for an appointment for them to return to the
- Communicate with prospects by utilizing a combination of
telephone contacts and written correspondence.
- Constantly follow-up with prospects using the sales tools
provided by the company to increase sales volume. Realtor
- Maintain documentation of all realtor traffic.
- Perform the required number of realtor visits each week and
submit a monthly Realtor Activity Report detailing all realtor
- Plan the required number of realtor functions in your community
- Maintain active contact with realtors by providing them with
up-to-date inventory information. Self-Prospecting:
- Review and follow-up on all old prospect cards on a regular
- Seek referral leads from present and closed customers and
follow-up on all information.
- Follow-up on all company-generated leads as well as the results
of advertising and marketing efforts. Servicing the Sale:
- Ensure customer expectations have been properly set regarding
all activities from contract signing to closing.
- Assist customers in the option selection process.
- Promptly and accurately complete all subsequent change orders
forcustomer requests, changes and additions according to the
- Set appointments for new home orientations and walk-through
within established time frames.
- Monitor and collect any additional deposits or earnest monies
- Handle and address homeowner concerns during the construction
processas courteously and promptly as possible.
- Monitor the loan approval and escrow processes (if applicable)
and maintain required lender capture rates.
- Monitor the status of contingencies on a weekly basis and
submit the Contingency Form to management as required.
- Regularly visit the construction site to check progress and
insure installed items are consistent with selection
- Maintain regular contact with customers during the construction
process using the TLC process to update them on the status of their
- Take the initiative to ask for referrals throughout the sales
process. Competitive Shopping:
- Maintain a constant awareness of your competition and their
strengths, weaknesses and any special promotions they may be
- Maintain a Competition Notebook noting the pricing, floor plans
and features of your competitors and be prepared to use this
information to overcome objections.
- Submit Competition Reports to management on a monthly
- Maintain and submit to management a quarterly Lost Prospects
Report documenting all sales which were lost to a competitor and
the reason for each customer's decision. Model/Sales Center and
- Drive the community each morning before arriving at the sales
center to check signage, flags, landscaping and overall community
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all finished and available
- Perform all model/sales center opening and closing duties as
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the model/sales center
throughout the day by performing the periodic walk-through.
- Obtain assistance from other team members or professionals as
necessary in handling model or market home maintenance issues.
- Maintain an updated, accurate and neat filing system in
accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain an adequate and ready-to-use supply of all brochure
items and reorder additional materials well in advance.
- Perform walk-through of finished market homes and accept them
- Ensure the model/sales center is open and staffed during all
established hours of operation.
- Perform all administrative duties associated with maintaining
the sales center (i.e.answer telephones, prepare correspondence,
file information, write receipts,etc.) Reporting:
- Prepare and submit the following reports on a weekly
- Sales and Closing Report
- Traffic Report
- Registration Slips
- Status Report and Weekly Construction Meeting Report(if
- Contingency Form
- Prepare and submit the following reports on a monthly
- Monthly Buyer Profile Summary
- Monthly Traffic Profile Summary
- Broker Activity Report(if applicable)
- Competition Report
- Lost Prospect Report Personal Professional Standards:
- Constantly project an image of professionalism through your
actions, demeanorand appearance, modeling our vision, values and
- Act with integrity and honesty in your dealings with prospects,
homeowners andfellow employees.
- Initiate opportunities to continually enhance your sales skills
- Strive to achieve high levels of teamwork, cooperation and open
communication with all other departments in the company.
- Actively participate in Growth Reviews and establish goals for
Managerial Responsibility Does this position supervise other
employees?No Position Qualifications Education High school diploma
with a college degree preferred. Experience 1-2 years experience in
sales and/or marketing preferred.
- Must be computer literate, with experience in Windows, Word and
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
to office and field personnel.
- Exhibit a proven ability to close sales.
- Possess a valid Real Estate license.
- Good organizational skills and follow-through
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job in
accordance with company requirements and professional business
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.Similarly, the work environment
characteristics described are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this
job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical
- LiftingFrom1 (lbs)to15 (lbs)
- Repetitive Motion (i.e. Gripping)
Environmental Factors Normal Office Noise Level: Low to Moderate
(Corporate/Sales Office Environment)
The New Home Company retains the discretion to add or change job
duties at any time.LI-DNIPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: The New Home Company, Chandler , Neighborhood Sales Manager, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!