Assistant Store Manager - Chandler
Company: The Salvation Army
Posted on: January 18, 2023
DescriptionABOUT THE ARCThe Salvation Army (TSA) Adult
Rehabilitation Center (ARC) is a no-fee program to assist men &
women in their journey to complete our rehabilitation program. We
are grateful for the contributions our valued employees make toward
the maintenance and effectiveness of the programs. The organization
is indebted to and dependent on the diligence and devotion of its
employees.ABOUT OUR RETAIL TEAMBecome part of the dedicated Retail
Team at The Salvation Army! Together we can continue to serve and
impact our local community, through the commitment to Do The Most
Good at our Chandler Thrift Store, which supports the Adult
Rehabilitation Program. This is an opportunity to promote a
positive shopping/donor experience, enhance customer service,
problem-solving and teamwork skills, while contributing to the
success of our Program and its participants. EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Opportunity for career growth
- Paid time off
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Monthly management incentive bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)As our enthusiastic and
hardworking ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, you will be responsible for
(but not limited to):
- Taking an active role and partners with the Store Manager in
the day-to-day operation of the store.
- All day-to-day store operations in the absence of the Store
- Providing coaching, training, and development to the Store
- Ensuring Customer/Donor needs are met by maintaining good
Customer/Donor/Community relations; complaints are resolved; and
service is quick and efficient.
- Communicating any personnel issues with Management, in absence
of Store Manager. May issue disciplinary warnings, conference
reports, employee evaluations and goals as needed in coordination
with the HR Generalist/Coordinator and District Sales Manager
- Ensuring store is maintained at ARC Merchandising Standards,
adequate inventory levels on hand.
- BRP (Back Room Processing) In absence of Store Manager, ensure
that the Material Handlers are working effectively and efficiently
to meet daily processing goals.
- Adequate amount of change at the beginning of each day, always
safeguarding cash in registers and safe and banking of cash
receipts as per ARCC policy.
- Assisting the Store Manager on ensuring that safety measures
are established and maintained consistent with ARC policy and
- Implementing appropriate loss prevention measures.
- Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by
Management, Retail Directors and Command
Administration.Qualifications to be considered for this position:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous Retail
- Must be able to accurately handle POS/Cash Register operations
and cash transactions.
- Must hold a valid Drivers license, be able to show proof of
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History
and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, fellow
store employees, customers, and donors. Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and
twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file
cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling
clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and
carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to move product up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable
accommodationSchedule Our stores operate 7 days per week. Work
schedules are determined by Management and employee must be
flexible to always ensure adequate store coverage. Full-time
associates may be scheduled to work any full-time shift including
evenings, weekends, and holidays.The Salvation Army will comply
with all governmental orders and any contractual obligations
relative to COVID-19 safety measures, including mandatory
vaccination of staff, if required. The Salvation Army will consider
requests for exemptions from any such requirements on either
religious or medical grounds when available.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: The Salvation Army, Chandler , Assistant Store Manager - Chandler, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!