Corporate Director of Slots
Company: Gila River Resorts & Casinos
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Closing Date: August 21, 2023 at 5:00 PMSalary: Depending on
Experience (DOE)This position is responsible for generating and
evaluating Slot data reports, monitoring Slot personnel and
operations at the assigned location, and making recommendations to
executive management on how best to improve the performance of Slot
operations. Additionally, this position is responsible for
coordinating guest service improvements, and special projects while
ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures, the
State of Arizona Gaming Compact and Gila River Gaming Ordinance,
while ensuring successful and timely completion of all related
projects, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.Essential Duties
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to
both internal and external guests.
- Prepares department revenue/expense reports and departmental
operation/capital budgets while consistently monitoring financial
performance and responding accordingly so that objectives are met
- Analyzes and responds to Slot data system reports.
- Ensures compliance by all employees within the Slot
- Monitors and responds to current gaming trends to ensure
competitive positioning by the enterprise.
- Analyzes gaming device types, placement, performance,
denominations, and profitability in order to stay competitive
within local markets, while providing improvement recommendations
to casino operations and executive management.
- Interfaces with vendors on a frequent basis in order to stay
abreast of new gaming technologies and equipment options.
- Ensures thorough, constant and complete communication to and
from all other senior management team members so that knowledge may
be shared fully.
- Selects games to be used, including percentage establishment,
and reviews/negotiates purchase and lease contracts.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends changes and improvements to
procedures and systems resulting in positive effects upon financial
- Assists executive management in formulating corporate gaming
objectives, policies and plans. Provides timely leadership,
motivation and guidance to direct reports in pursuit of enterprise
objectives while ensuring highly effective performance by those
- Models ethical, pleasant, informed, decisive and responsive
behavior for all employees of the enterprise while taking all steps
necessary to motivate positively high job performance levels by all
employees.Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises a small
number of employees in management, administrative and technical
roles. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree
in a management discipline preferred.
- Three (3) years of gaming management experience in a
casino/gaming environment, preferably in Slots operations.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our
guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our
guest and Appreciate our guest
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent guest
service skills, strong organizational skills, telephone etiquette,
and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete
tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and
fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one
year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of
Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and
technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.Important
NotesAs a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the
following:Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes
the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety
sensitive positions.Background check. Applicants who have felonies,
warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions
will be ineligible for employment.
Keywords: Gila River Resorts & Casinos, Chandler , Corporate Director of Slots, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!