Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Posted on: May 16, 2018
Our manufacturing client in the East Valley is seeking a Environmental and Safety Manager.
The EHS Manager responsibilities include develop, maintain and/or execute plant and company strategic goals, including the successful completion of the annual EHS Plan. The EHS Manager will provide direction and leadership to all plant department managers, supervisors and employees in matters dealing with EHS related matters and will serve as coordinator for the plant---s various safety teams. . Develop and maintain a highly productive, dependable and efficient safety methodology and culture within the Company.
- Monitor health and safety efforts of employees. Coordinate health and safety inspections and correct unsafe acts and conditions. Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Coordinate, oversee and maintain health and safety specific trainings.
- Coordinate insurance company and governmental agency visits, if applicable.
- Interpret OSHA regulations as they pertain to operations.
- Provide the executive team with monthly and quarterly health and safety goals, awareness, issues and statistics.
- Create a health and safety awareness attitude amongst all departments. Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety. Enforce health and safety policies using the Company---s disciplinary policy.
- Coordinate with supervisors and managers so that necessary personal protective equipment and safety materials are utilized. Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate all injuries and review all accident reports, discover causes and coordinate corrective
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Lead the indoctrination of new and existing employees into safety program and culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to attain CSP
- Supervisory experience of multiple direct and indirect reports is preferred.
- Bachelor---s Degree (BA/BS) in Human Resources, Risk Management, Industrial Safety or related field
- Experience in and Industrial Manufacturing facility id required
- Minimum of three years of safety management experience.
- Certifications in CPR, HAZWPER preferred
- Must have complex math skills.
- Complex reading skills required.
- Complex computer skills needed.
- Must have complex writing skills.
Keywords: ResourceMFG, Chandler, Environmental Health & Safety Manager, Executive, Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!