Company: Fluke Corporation
Posted on: February 14, 2019
- Lead a high-performing new product design and electrical engineering team
- Lead talent management strategy for the engineering team, including recruitment and retention
- Provide strategic counsel on engineering and technology as an active member of the executive team
- Provide leadership to members of the engineering team to support individual performance and professional development goals.
- Foster a safe, positive and supportive work place environment
- Using a continuous improvement mindset, set engineering priorities and enforce processes, best practices, and strategies for the design and execution of cost and schedule-efficient projects.
- Provide standardization, oversight and negotiation of customer production guarantee process and verification.
- Partner with the product line management team and the operations team for assessing, capturing and executing new business opportunities
- Lead cost optimization and scheduling strategies to deliver the right technological solutions to the customer
- Drive continuous improvement in lead-time and cost reduction
- Develop and implement engineering strategies and tools that support customer objectives of low cost and high value for system performance and production cost targets
- Develop and implement business plans that align with company goals and overall strategic vision, while reducing operational costs
- Develop and regularly monitor appropriate performance metrics, financial forecasts, and other metrics to evaluate operations and identify areas for improvement.
- Define and own aggressive KPIs for quality, performance, delivery, and cost for all new products
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor
- Support cross-functional teams to optimize operating efficiencies between manufacturing sites
- Ensure adherence to operating budgets and on time completion of customer ordersKnowledge,Skills and Abilities Outstanding organizationaland leadership skills as demonstrated by an ability to set and handle multiplepriorities. Ability to delegate and oversee engineering, technology andoperations while effectively working with other departments. A team player whounderstands the importance of relationships and collaboration, both internallyand externally. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills. Ability to manage diverse,simultaneous projects of varying complexities. Excels in prioritizing tasks andefficiently managing time. Self-starting leader whothrives in high-growth, roll-up-your-sleeve entrepreneurial environment.Ability to self-motivate and to motivate others. Ability to establish andmaintain strong relationships, work collaboratively and communicate effectivelyat all levels within the company, and across supplies and customers Strong technical andengineering skills. Ability to learn quickly and to find workable solutions tocomplicated technical questions. Ability to prioritize tasks and efficientlymanage time.Exceptionalinterpersonal and communication skills, as well as sound judgment and personaland professional integrity.QualificationsQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering, Masters degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the aerospace and defense industry, key players and technology trends
- 10+ years manufacturing or engineering management experience with 5+ years in a proven leadership capacity
- Demonstrated ability in leading cross-functional product and/or technology development and/or organizations
- Lean Six or equivalent experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience in deploying and managing ISO-compliant processes and organizations
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to demonstrating superior presentation skills and influencing capabilities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to develop strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal customers at all levels of the organization.Desired Characteristics:MBAa plus5 +years experience with energetic materials and/or related productsDirectwork experience in the aerospace and defense sector or similarly regulatedindustry
Keywords: Fluke Corporation, Chandler , VP Engineering, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!