Technology Development Senior Manager
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: April 17, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help
us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you. Enterprise Finance & Information
Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo
customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed
financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times
a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions.
We impact customers directly, through systems availability and
security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who
offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet
customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for
the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated
partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.Specific
Responsibilities:The Technology Development Senior Manager role
will be responsible for the technology strategy, development,
execution, and delivery covering Wells Fargo's Operational Risk
applications, tools and services. In this role you will partner
with executives and senior leaders in both Enterprise Information
Technology and the Corporate Risk organization to devise technology
strategies. You will be responsible for executing against the
strategy in close partnership with other senior leaders in the
immediate organization as well as across the ECIO organization. You
will also be responsible for the day to day operations of existing
Operational Risk platforms.By successfully collaborating with your
business partners in Corporate Risk, you will help the bank manage
the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal
processes, people and systems or from external events.Critical
success factors include the ability to lead effectively in a
matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and
functional areas, and have strong execution and delivery,
relationship management, and influencing skills. A successful
candidate will be able to build strong partnerships with the
business and other areas in EIT, take initiative to discover and
resolve problems, operate with ease in partially defined and
competing needs, and be comfortable interfacing with team members
at all levels within the organization.In addition this role will
also have the following responsibilities:
- Senior level responsibility for defining, planning, developing,
and implementing/consulting on major IT strategies, processes, or
on-going programs with broad cross technology impact.
- Provide thought-leadership and apply area of expertise to
technology matters to develop programs that are effective and
efficient and to build support for the strategies with senior
leadership across the technology organizations and/or client lines
- Resource planning, management, and personnel development.
Performance reviews, individual development plans, and one-on-one
meetings with the team members conducted for improving employee
engagement and development.
- Provide guidance to applications analysis/programming
management in the definition of information system objectives.
- Responsible for relationship management with vendors,
technology partners, and business partners.
- Development of design and quality control standards and
- Ensure alignment of business strategy with IT strategy and
assesses impact of emerging technology to strategic business
needs.As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success
by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where
your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work
that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing
and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and
feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and
managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.The preferred
work locations are AZ-Chandler, MN-Minneapolis, and NC-Charlotte.
Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently
live in or are willing to relocate these locations with limited
- 12+ years of application development and implementation
- 5+ years of management experience in technology
- 2+ years of performance tuning experience
- 5+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
- 5 + years of technology application management experience
- 5+ years of application development experience
- 2+ years of database design
- 2+ years of 3rd party vendor application production support
- 3+ years of data management experience
- Management experience including large/multiple application
development efforts within a small-to-medium size line of
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Ability to manage full life cycle projects that vary in scope
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience delivering and supporting large, highly
available enterprise-level applications.
- 5+ years of business partner relationship management, and
strong demonstrated ability to maintain positive, mutually
- 4+ years of experience managing geographically diverse teams,
including both multiple domestic and off-shore locations.
- 4+ years of experience of planning, budgeting, implementing,
and maintaining costs, methods and employees.
- 4+ years of experience working with and managing technology
vendors, for hardware, software and professional services.
- 1+ year of experience implementing 3rd party vendor
- Enterprise-scale development experience, using Microsoft .NET
and/or Java frameworks.
- Experience establishing operational objectives and assignments
and delegating assignments to direct report managers.
- Ability to understand users' needs from their point of
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a variety of
contacts, primarily senior management.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Chandler , Technology Development Senior Manager, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!