Learning and Development Manager
Posted on: June 13, 2019
What you'll be doing...
You will explore what our people need to learn to be even better.
Your programs and learning approaches will align with our business
needs and be highly effective and in tune with our culture. You'll
design learning solutions that are engaging, fun and most
importantly build those capabilities needed to enable our people to
create the Verizon of the future.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to determine learning needs and
the best delivery approach.
- Creating innovative learning solutions for sales, products,
customer service, and employee development.
- Managing projects to create effective learning solutions on
time and on budget.
- Evaluating program effectiveness and continuously improving our
- Providing regular updates to senior leadership on progress and
As a Manager of Learning & Development supporting the Consumer
Sales organization, you will be responsible for project management,
strategic architecture and effectiveness of learning solutions
supporting business initiatives. You will lead project from the
needs analysis through evaluation. You will conduct scoping and
analysis, prioritization of projects, recommendations of deployable
learning solutions and develop key learning solutions along with
Specific to your role you will:
- Make sense of the learning need and outcomes for both the
learner and the business
- Create Game Plan including Design Detail Documentation
- Create learning resources and assessment
- Prepare and plan execution of programs
- Evaluate for business impact
- Provide cross functional support in the design and development
- In parallel with Project Management responsibilities, create
high-profile, presentations, learning solutions, measurements and
return on investment documentation which support the overall
project before, during, and after launch timelines.
- Negotiate the best learning methods and development strategies
- Research and champion best in-class learning trends for
innovative learning solutions.
- Lead special large scale projects
- Optimize content creation and curation
- Keep current on digital content strategy trends and tactics to
identify opportunities with target audiences and bring fresh ideas
to internal teams and clients.
This position can be based out of any valid corporate Consumer
Sales Verizon location
What we're looking for...
You're energized by discovering the best new learning approaches
and applying them to create engaging learning programs. You seek
feedback and understand the importance of continuous improvement.
You gain satisfaction from managing projects to meet key learning
objectives and then seeing the impact of strong learning programs
on the performance of the business.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing custom learning programs using alternative
- Advanced skills in conducting needs analysis and recommending
learning solutions that drive performance and business
- Proficiency in design tools such as: Articulate, Storyline,
Captivate and Flash (or equivalent e-learning tools); audio and
video editing software; Adobe Creative Cloud; Adobe Connect;
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and learning
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Consulted with HR professionals and their business
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and training
- Managed projects effectively balancing timeliness and quality
in a fast-paced environment
- Strong networking & relationship building skills with employees
at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to and manage changing
environments as well as ability to guide employees through the
change management process.
- Excellent verbal & written skills, including experience
providing feedback to others on learning programs, and managing
feedback from stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead independently, and the ability to
lead project milestones, SME and leadership reviews.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and GSuite
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Chandler , Learning and Development Manager, Executive , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!