Overnight Charge Nurse - Eating Disorder, Residential
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Charge-- Nurse works in a dynamic
multidisciplinary team providing treatment services according to
the Discovery Behavioral Health Clinical Model.**This position
offers a $5,000 sign on bonus**Responsibilities
- Supervises LVN/LPN staff on shift and delegates/assigns
responsibilities as needed.
- Meets with each potential new admission and completes medical
screening assessment. Screens for medical appropriateness for
admission to facility and consults with the physician.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and full medical admission
process upon admission for each client.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Develops and initiates the Nursing Care Plan.
- Implements Physician orders.
- Administers medications as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Meets regularly with medical staff to discuss resident
- Provides assessment of medical problems as needed.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs basic evaluative procedures and tests.
- Performs blood draws.
- Maintains NG tube when needed.
- Completing waived test for glucose monitoring, UA, Drug screen,
- Provides health education to residents and staff.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Conducts a weekly chart audit to ensure all medications have
consent forms. Ensures all orders are carried out and documented
appropriately for each client, all labs are in the client-----TMs
- Manages client-----TMs medical needs including schedule
appointments, complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical
treatments and tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved
ones, as appropriate.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science and Nursing preferred, ADN (Associate
Degree in Nursing) accepted
- Holds a current RN license in good standing
- One year experience preferred working in mental health,
counseling, or eating disorders field
- Ability to draw blood required
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire.
- Must possess a current Driver-----TMs License in good
standing.Additional InformationWe are proud to be an EEO employer
M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.-- All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.For more information
about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic. Keywords: Charge
Nurse, Location: Chandler, AZ - 85286
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Chandler , Overnight Charge Nurse - Eating Disorder, Residential, Healthcare , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!