Part-Time Physician Assistant
Company: Oak Street Health Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Physician Assistant
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of
community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health
and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and
provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in
medically underserved communities. By providing holistic,
comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients'
communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost
savings in further care for those same communities and others.
Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to
tens of thousands of people across the nation. With an ambitious
growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating
team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about
our mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
Our Care Teams are made up of a doctor, a registered nurse, a
medical assistant, a care manager, and a physician assistant or
nurse practitioner. At Oak Street Health Physician Assistants are
integral members of our Care Teams, which also include Physicians,
Registered Nurses, Medical Assistants, Phlebotomists, and Care
Managers. PAs see patients primarily and alongside the doctors,
depending upon the patient's specific situation. PAs provide
longitudinal care and build meaningful patient relationships; this
creates trust and helps our patient understand and feel connected
to their care plan.
Together this team is responsible for providing and coordinating
care for an intimate panel of patients in our neighborhoods. While
the typical primary care panel in the U.S. is around 2,500
patients, our panels at Oak Street Health are around 500-750. This
creates an opportunity to spend more time with patients, build
deeper relationships, and to better execute/coordinate care
Physician Assistants practice exclusively in our outpatient
practices. We partner with a network of elite specialists and
hospitals for specialty and acute care. As such, our Physician
Assistants with our doctors, focus exclusively on care within the
clinic: primary care, care coordination, and population health.
* Provision of exceptional primary care
* Office visits for routine and acute issues
* Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing
* Population management, in coordination with the Care Team
* Phone triage and outreach
* Patient education
* Oak Street Health promotional activities
* Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
* Physician Assistants with experience in primary care: internal
medicine, geriatrics, or family medicine
* Active, non-probationary state license
* Experience with risk adjustments and/or home assessments
* Understands HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories)
documentation, ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10)
Coding, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs)
* Genuine passion for primary care
* Intrinsically motivated
* Embrace teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate with
* Desire to be a part of an innovative model focused on
empirically-guided population health
* Spanish language skills are strongly preferred, depending on
* US work authorization
* Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
* Radiating positive energy
* Assuming good intentions
* Creating an unmatched patient experience
* Driving clinical excellence
* Taking ownership and delivering results
* Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the
forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
* Collaborative and energetic culture
* Fast-paced and innovative environment
* Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time,
generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to
Keywords: Oak Street Health Inc., Chandler , Part-Time Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!