Laboratory Service Assistant
Company: Millennium Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you looking to join the healthcare industry?We are hiring
and have multiple opportunities in locations across the US!!!FULL
TIME. GUARANTED 40 HOURS PER WEEK, with an emphasis on M-F 8am to
4:15pm Laboratory Service Assistant (LSA) - Specimen Collector.WHO
WE ARE - Millennium Health is a leading health solutions company
that delivers accurate, timely, clinically actionable information
to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient. We have
entry level and experience-based positions. Check us out at
www.millenniumhealth.com.The LSA is responsible for collection of
urine and oral fluid specimens, data entry, specimen packing and
shipping, ordering lab supplies and communicating with the
laboratory, office and LSA leadership for questions or
issues.General Summary:Responsible for all aspects of the
collection and shipment of specimens to the laboratory.Brand
Ambassador, as a representative of Millennium Health and provides
exceptional customer service as an intermediary between the
practice / clinic and the laboratory, while maintaining a safe and
professional environment for patients and customers.Essential
Functions:The following are intended to be examples of the
accountabilities for which the person in this position is
responsible. This position description is not intended to be
complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from
assigning other or related functions for which the individual has
demonstrated competency through performance.
- Perform collection, processing and shipment of urine and oral
- Observe urine collection for Millennium Health specimens, when
- Complete paper or electronic test requisitions, including
patient demographics and billing information.
- Prepares specimen with proper labeling and requisition forms,
packaging the specimens into bags for shipping. Coordinate with
courier services for pickup of specimens; may drop off specimens at
UPS/FedEx, when applicable.
- Provides patient reports generated by laboratory to the
practice and assists customer by facilitating inquiries to the
Laboratory and/or Customer Service team.
- Order supplies (requisition forms, gloves, hand sanitizer,
etc.) and maintain inventory at the practice to ensure sufficient
collection supplies are available for testing.
- Assist in resolving specimen issues with missing/incomplete
billing or patient information in ordering portal, Intellium, if
- Supports internal and external customers.
- Complete training modules, audit requirements and other
necessary documents and materials by the deadline.
- Adheres to company code of conduct, policies, and
- Adheres to applicable healthcare laws and regulations.
- Regular and reliable attendance with dependable transportation
is a requirement of this position. Often required to drive between
practices to provide coverage. Occasional overnight coverage may be
- Ability to be onsite, on time, and ready at shift start
- Appropriate dress, behavior, language, and attitude for a
- Attention to detail.EDUCATION
High School Diploma or equivalent.EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a medical facility AND/OR a customer
service-related position is preferred.
- Medical insurance/billing and/or familiarity with
medications/diagnostic codes is a plus.
- Phlebotomy Experience Preferred.SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- Flexibility to change work hours according to business
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow
- Works independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate computer/smart phone skills.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license in the state
in which you are employed.
- Understand the importance of Compliance and the adherence to
following policies and procedures in a regulated environment.
- Understands the need for sensitivity, confidentiality and
discretion while dealing with all aspects of patient care.PHYSICAL
& MENTAL REQUIREMENTSESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position will require the following physical requirements:
sitting 90%, walking 5%, standing 5%, lifting up to 20 lbs.
- This position will require the following mental requirements;
written and oral communication skills (80%); read information and
documents (10%); ability to multitask (5%); problem solving
(5%)Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and E-verify participant. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual
orientation or protected veteran
Keywords: Millennium Health, Chandler , Laboratory Service Assistant, Healthcare , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!