RN Navigator - Health At Home Services
Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: January 25, 2023
#The Power to Advance Care in the Home
Do you know the inner-workings of the hospital discharge process?
Are you familiar with Home Health and Hospice? Are you a Care
We're trying to get patients out of the hospital sooner. And we've
found the secret to making it happen. Our Health at Home Navigator!
Be a key contributor to getting patients home quicker to the right
level of care, at the right time. As part of the Dignity Health
Care Coordination team inside the hospital, the Home Health
Navigator educates pre-identified, at-risk patients about
home-based services, preparing patients and families for their
The Health at Home Navigator (HHN) has expert knowledge of
geriatric home-based services, including home health, hospice and
home infusion, and is an integral member of the hospital's health
care team. The HHN will work with home-based service providers to
increase the opportunity for timely discharge to home. Collaborate
with physicians, Care Management, and other hospital team members
to facilitate the discharge plan of care and enhance the quality of
clinical outcomes while increasing patient satisfaction.
* The HHN works within the hospital and will guide patients through
to care in the home upon discharge.
* Works with and alongside hospital partners to identify and
prioritize patient populations who will benefit from post-acute
* Guides patients through and around barriers within the healthcare
* Identifies opportunities to reduce both financial and clinical
risks to patients and families who have been discharged from the
* Acts as an active participant in multidisciplinary
hospital/facility rounds as a patient advocate to ensure efficient
continuity of care throughout the continuum.
* Collaborates with physicians and staff around care planning.
* Communicate pertinent care destination information and the home
services candidates who were identified to the case manager and/or
* Maintains communication with patients, families, and health care
providers to monitor patient satisfaction.
* Facilitates follow-up services with home services providers.
* Maintains documentation of coordination of home services.
* Active registered nurse (RN) license in state of practice, and/or
Licensed MSW from an completed accredited MSW program
* Home Health and Hospice experience and/or knowledge is
* Combination of Acute and/or Post-Acute care delivery experience
* Knowledge of information technology to evaluate care
effectiveness (care process, outcomes and cost).
* Must have strong organizational (time management) skills and the
ability to handle multiple priorities.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with
nurses, physicians and skilled healthcare professionals.
* Ability to work autonomously within a matrix environment without
direct supervision or support.
Keywords: Common Spirit, Chandler , RN Navigator - Health At Home Services, Healthcare , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!