Compounding Pharmacy Technician CPhT ExCPT
Company: Banner Health
Posted on: May 25, 2023
**Up to a $2,000 sign-on bonus is available!**
Innovation and highly trained staff. Our Pharmacy team members play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in peoples lives. Apply today!
Banner Health has been recognized by Beckers Healthcare as one of the 150 top places to work in health care. In addition, we recently made Newsweeks list of Americas Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity. These recognitions reflect Banner Health's investment in team members' professional development, wellness benefits, and continued education. It highlights our commitment to advocating for diversity in the workplace, promoting work-life balance, and boosting employee engagement.
The Banner Compounding Pharmacy is a state of the art facility that utilizes technology for inventory management, storage, verification of products, and standardization of procedures for quality control. This includes a Trulla drug ordering system and automated TPN compounders. The Banner Compounding Pharmacy specializes in custom-made, sterile preparations. This is an exciting new venture for the Banner System, and on the cutting edge of regulatory compliance. We are going above and beyond to meet regulations and working with the State Board of Pharmacy on regulatory changes to assure top quality and patient safety. This is NOT a hospital clean room or traditional compounding pharmacy.
We are looking for a full-time Compounding Pharmacy Technician to join our team in Chandler, AZ! Our site's hours of operation are 8 am - 7 pm. **Our pharmacy technicians** **work varied 8 hour shifts from 9:30 am - 6:00 pm and/or 10:30 am - 7:00 pm.** **Currently, e** **very other weekend and one-half of all recognized holidays are required;** **there is a p** **otential for the schedule to change based on business needs.** Recruiter to provide details of the sign-on bonus during the interview process. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
Banner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
This position will work under the supervision of the pharmacist. Performs routine duties in packaging, distribution and record keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. Assists in preparing compounded and intravenous medications, total parenteral nutrition products, and hazardous or chemotherapeutic agents. Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. May educate, train, and oversee the activities of the Pharmacy Technician, Technician Externs and Volunteers. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients.
1. Selects and/or prepares medications, under direct supervision, as indicated by policy and procedures and batch orders. Places medications in designated area for pharmacist to check, prepares medication orders for delivery to facilities as required. May also maintain databases and troubleshoot automated technology malfunctions.
2. Understands all regulatory requirements for receiving, compounding, repackaging, distribution, and documentation as a manufacture for controlled substances. Consistently adheres to all storage and inventory movement documentation requirements for controlled substances. Understands and can demonstrate the process for compounding and waste management of controlled substances.
3. Understands the delivery system and packing requirements (ice blankets, locks, invoice). Attends to customers and answers telephones in a courteous and timely manner. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the pharmacist.
4. Identifies medications and other items for reorder as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Understand all processes for ordering of supplies and for the fulfillment of orders. Understands and utilizes inventory management technology. Monitors for inventory needs. Monitor for outdated/unusable product for all areas in pharmacy (racks, refrigerators, holding areas). Appropriately rotate inventory and release of holding batches. Appropriately dispose of pharmaceutical waste. Receives and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors. Assesses practical ways to deal with shorted items and short-dated or unusable items.
5. Non-Sterile compounding: Understand and appropriately follows all product worksheets/recipes for documentation and check processes. Understands and adheres to all applicable USP/cGMP and aseptic technique guidelines. Demonstrates knowledge of and consistently performs calibrations of equipment and accurately measures components for compounding. Complies and documents all required tasks and other information per policy.
6. Assists in preparing and labeling of intravenous medications including total parenteral nutrition products and hazardous agents using proper sterile and aseptic technique. Understands and adheres to all applicable USP/cGMP and sterile technique guidelines. Understand the different product lines in sterile compounding (patient specific - TPN and non-patient specific batch) and the differences between the various populations (Adult, Pediatric, Neonate). . Completes all required environmental cleaning procedures. Documents all required tasks and other information per policy. Wears appropriate protective equipment properly (gloves, gowns, etc.). Understands the safe handling of hazardous drugs and demonstrates the correct receipt, storage, labeling, and transport process. Understands the use of preservative-free medications when for specified preparations.
7. Understand and appropriately operates repackaging equipment, including the labeling program. Can troubleshoot equipment. Understands and adheres to all applicable USP/cGMP and aseptic technique guidelines. Successfully completes all required competencies. Documents all required tasks and other information per policy. Consistently complies with all policies and procedures for quality assurance and patient safety.
8. Performs and passes all quality control activities such as media-fill and gloved-fingertip. Performs and understands environmental cleaning and testing requirements. Completes documentation on refrigerator temperatures, intravenous hood cleaning, and equipment maintenance activities as required. Coordinates and assists in supervising the work flow of the Pharmacy. Assists with training and ensures adherence to departmental policies and procedures. Assists in scheduling to assure staffing is at appropriate levels. Notify/documents all issues/reported events. Consistently complies with all policies and procedures for quality assurance and patient safety.
9. Participates in the following aspects of medication use: selection, procurement and storage, and dispensing. Internal customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Nursing Directors, Department Directors, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint commission, state Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
Requires pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable). Pharmacy technician certification required. May be required to possess a valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the companys auto insurance policy.
One to two years of relative experience. Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Pharmacy technician experience. Knowledge of medication management information system software and automated dispensing systems. Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and regulations.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health complies with applicable federal and state laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability
Keywords: Banner Health, Chandler , Compounding Pharmacy Technician CPhT ExCPT, Healthcare , Chandler, Arizona
here to apply!