Wound Care Nurse RN - PRN
Company: Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital is proud to be
recognized by Newsweek as one of America's Best Rehabilitation
Hospitals in 2023. A career at Dignity Health East Valley
Rehabilitation Hospital, a 50-bed state-of-the-art inpatient acute
rehabilitation hospital operated jointly with Lifepoint Health and
Dignity Health, is more than a job. It's a chance to be a vital
member of an interdisciplinary team caring for people in the
"Valley of the Sun" who need continued care to recover completely.
You have specialized skills and our patients in the Phoenix
metropolitan area, need them! If you are an enthusiastic individual
seeking an environment dedicated to superior patient care and an
organization with a strong mission to serve our community, we
invite you to apply!
- Low nurse-to-patient ratios
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- CEU Support
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet
the needs of full time employees and their families
- Up to 20 days of PTO for full time employees
- 6 paid holidays for full time employees
- Tuition reimbursement, continuing education opportunities and
apprenticeship programs for eligible employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
What you will do in this role:
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient
- Focus on weekend support
- Evaluates progress and outcomes.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing
- Coordinates care among the healthcare team.
- Provides patient and family teaching as it pertains to the
treatment plan, procedures, and preventative measures throughout
the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides direct care appropriate to condition and age of the
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other
members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement
- May provide input into the budgetary planning process and
contributes to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided
by the department and hospital.
- Provides education to the clinical staff as it pertains to the
treatment plan, procedures, and preventative measures.
- Communicates employee observations and suggestions related to
opportunities for improvement and staff educational needs.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for personal and professional development.
- Maintains ethical practices and HIPAA requirements.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding
department operations, fire safety and infection control. -
Maintains medical staff rules/requirements, as well as regulatory
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to
medical necessity in the medical record.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
and complies with appropriate and approved safety
- Supports the leadership of the hospital in a professional
manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in the state.
- Graduate of accredited wound ostomy care nurse program with
current licensure in the state.
- At least 2 years of current experience in the specialty is
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life
- Wound Ostomy Care Nurse (WOCN) preferred.
Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital strives to
maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we
serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation
programs. Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and
specialized treatment to patients throughout their recovery
journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to
the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury,
neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation,
and orthopedic injury.
Keywords: Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital, Chandler , Wound Care Nurse RN - PRN, Healthcare , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!