Registered Nurse (RN) - New Grad
Company: Oasis Behavioral Health
Posted on: July 12, 2018
PATIENT CARE AND SUPPORT
- Delivers nursing care, observes, records and reports changes in patient's condition, applies patient teaching process concerning health maintenance, prevention and rehabilitation.
- Assesses and plans nursing care of patient from admission through discharge.
- Effectively implements and utilizes patient care/treatment play through nursing.
- Assessment, planning, evaluation and intervention.
- Evaluates patient's behavior changes and choices.
- Administers medication and follows medication policy and procedures;
- Interprets policies and goals to patients, families and/or significant others, and to specific community groups.
- Maintains accurate, timely documentation of notable quality, as per program and nursing requirements, in clinical and other unit records supporting a reflection of treatment plans and continuity of care.
- Demonstrates phone crisis intervention skills with intake calls.
- Demonstrates considerable knowledge of general nursing theory and practice.
- Demonstrates considerable knowledge of techniques, procedures, and medication administration/pharmacology specific to psychiatric care.
- Effectively participates in the multidisciplinary health care team.
- Identifies and fulfills education needs to enhance skills related to psychiatric nursing.
- Demonstrates ability to use independent judgment in decision making and follow through.
- Develops oral or written presentations for co-workers on information acquired at seminars and conferences.
- Participates in health related community outreach activities.
- Prepares for and actively participates in own performance appraisal and annual goal setting. Implements performance goals and objectives with appropriate follow-up.
TREATMENT TEAM PARTICIPATION
- Communicates and works closely with Medical Staff and counseling personnel.
- Participates in ongoing scheduled in-service and staff development programs.
- Develops satisfactory, cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff members.
- Participates with Oasis Behavioral Health multi-disciplinary staff in assuring and maintaining quality patient care.
- Participates as a team member in functions and activities structured with Oasis Behavioral Health, including the staffing process.
- Evaluates total nursing care through team conferences, nursing audit, peer review, shift repots and collaboration with other disciplines;
- Assumes shift change responsibilities, directs and supervises nursing activities of team members.
- Assigns and delegates nursing functions, as indicated.
- Acts as a representative in the community for professional nursing and a team staff member for Oasis Behavioral Health.
- Uses the nursing process to perform assessments based on holistic approach.
- Coordinates and implements specific nursing interventions based on plans of care using available resources and services.
- Recognizes, interprets, and reports changes in client condition/diagnostic reports and follows plan of action.
- Evaluates intervention outcomes.
- Completes and processes all required documentation.
- Documents assessments, interventions, and client responses to interventions in client records.
- Documentation is legible, free of errors and omissions and uses only approved abbreviations. This includes date, time problem number, signature and status.
- Documentation is comprehensive, objective, timely, ad concise.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of teaching plans; adapts teaching methods to level of client understanding. coordinates resources and services.
- Coordinates resources and services.
- Involves client/family in plan of care.
- Participates in projects to improve client care.
- Acts as a role model for nursing practice, is aware and adheres to the standards of practice for Registered Nurses for the State of Arizona.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with other professionals and par-professionals.
- Applies an organized and systematic approach in carrying out assignments and bases patient care assignments on level of care needed and ability of staff on duty.
- Participates in group problem solving, assists others as needed.
- Practices and suggests improvement for cost containment measures.
- Facilitates change processes based on system review to improve quality of services provided.
- Supervises team members as assigned.
- Uses effective listening/communication skills and establishes channel of communication.
- Gives and accepts constructive feedback along communication channels.
- Assists Director in budget and staffing ratio compliance.
- Participates in quality improvement activities including quality program development, surveys, monitors and recommendations.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of applicable statues, standards and regulations pertaining to mental health and nursing care.
- Demonstrates trained competency in coordinating interventions in de-escalation of psychologically based emergency situations.
- Explains role and responsibility in courteous manner.
- Respects client values, lifestyle, emotional, and spiritual needs when providing quality care.
- Ensures and protects client rights, privacy, and confidentiality using professional judgment based on standards of practice.
- Knows location and use of emergency equipment, procedures, and evacuation plans.
- Knows procedure and resource information to initiate emergency situations, including environmental hazards.
- Attends/participates in all safety in-services.
- Maintains infection control standards per policy.
- Monitors and follows up on all infections, injuries, etc. occurring at Oasis Behavioral Health.
Keywords: Oasis Behavioral Health, Chandler, Registered Nurse (RN) - New Grad, Healthcare, Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!