Part-Time Store Associate
Posted on: November 17, 2021
ALDI is thrilled to announce we're opening new locations in the
Phoenix area. We couldn't be more excited to join your community.
We're known around the country for award-winning products with
exceptional quality and value. Our employees are at the heart of
our business and we're looking for dedicated hard-working people to
join our store teams as Assistant Store Managers, Store Managers,
Store Manager Trainees, Lead Store Associates and Store Associates.
When you join our store staff, you'll be supported by comprehensive
training and dynamic team members that work to achieve more,
together.Position Type: Part-TimeAverage Hours: Fewer than 30 hours
per weekStarting Wage: $16.50 per hour (inclusive of $2.00 per hour
premium pay for all hours worked between November 8, 2021 and
January 2, 2022)Duties and Responsibilities:Must be able to perform
duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assists management in achieving store appearance and
- Identifies and rectifies hazards and/or equipment in need of
maintenance to provide a safe environment.
- Assists management in achieving payroll and total loss
- Assists customers with problems or concerns, and contacts
management as appropriate regarding customers with problems or
- Provides feedback to management on all products, inventory
losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact
- Processes customer purchases, performs general cleaning duties,
and stocks shelves and displays neatly to maximize visibility and
- Participates in taking store inventory counts according to
- Complies with all established company policies and
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant
information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data
within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.ALDI
- Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports
a collaborative working environment with peers and managers.
- Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by
proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies
and procedures, and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs and
makes an effort to satisfy them in order to create a pleasant
- Models ALDI Image: Presents self in a professional way in both
typical and challenging situations which promotes a positive ALDI
experience for customers and co-workers.
- Plans and Prioritizes: Makes decisions, sets priorities and
organizes information while thinking about the pros and cons of
possible outcomes and maintaining compliance with ALDI
standards.Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including
electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling
alcoholic beverages.Physical Demands:
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to
- Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving
at various heights.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull,
lift, carry, and walk about the store.ALDI offers competitive wages
and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount ProgramIn addition,
eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life InsuranceClick here to learn more about the
benefits ALDI has to offerALDI is committed to equal opportunity
for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex,
sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or
veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth,
and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or
breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment
may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and
job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference
check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Keywords: Aldi, Chandler , Part-Time Store Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!