Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Ports America Group
Posted on: March 6, 2023
Your Role: At Ports America, the Human Resources Business
Partner will support assigned operation site(s) leadership and
employees on key employee engagement topics, deploy and guide Human
Resource programs and processes locally. The HRBP will have
responsibility for the broader employee lifecycle for local
employee base to include: Onboarding, Employee
Relations/Engagement, Performance Management, Compliance, and
Training across the area of responsibility. The HRBP will have a
direct report to the VP of HR with a dotted line to the local
- Act as the first line of contact for all HR related matters for
assigned operation site(s).
- Provide onsite support of all company HR policies, processes,
- Ensure all policies, processes and programs align with company
standards at the local level.
- Ensure all local legal matters are escalated in a timely matter
to HR VP or SVP.
- Provide, prepare, and maintain documentation on all employee
matters at the local level and report to VP, HR / SVP as
- Responsible for all HR data integrity in the HR systems.
- Assist local managers in employee relations matters and
adherence to company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Support performance management process, training and coaching
for managers and employees on goal planning, annual reviews, and
workforce assessment and planning.
- Support diversity and inclusivity engagement at all levels and
in the local communities within the assigned operation
- Assist in the leave of absence management process with
employees and leave administrators.
- Ensure legal compliance on people matters at the local level
escalating matters to VP or SVP of HR as appropriate.
- Engage the Talent Acquisition team in recruiting needs for
operational and/or support roles for the assigned operation
site(s), participating in recruiting related events and activities
- Manage new hire transitions to include onboarding and/or
- Investigate employee complaints and escalate matters with
recommendations to VP HR and/or SVP
- Manage the separation processes to include exit
- Perform analysis of turnover to proactively develop plans to
address and minimize controllable turnover.
- Maintain organizational charts for assigned groups.
- Create presentation materials as requested.
- Work on site at a Ports America location within the assigned
- Attend all leadership meetings for assigned operational
- Travel: up to 50% within assigned operational region.
- Region(s) May Include: Chandler, AZ; Jersey City, NJ; Houston,
TX; Tacoma, WA Who You Are: Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Human Resources discipline with 6+ years
of experience in experience in human resources, talent acquisition
principles, employee relations, workforce management planning,
and/or human resources field leadership
- OR High School Diploma or GED with 10+ years of experience in
experience in human resources, talent acquisition principles,
employee relations, workforce management planning, and/or human
resources field leadership Preferred Qualifications:
- PHR, SPHR, or other human resources certification
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (CBA) and
or Union labor relations
- Solution- and future-oriented thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage in
focused dialogue, demonstrate sound listening skills and
communication both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present to small and large groups at all levels of
the organization and deal with unexpected questions and challenges
while presenting. Ability to lead live or web-based presentations
- Strong understanding of employee relations principles,
practices, methods, and programs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of federal and state
employment and labor laws, regulations, procedures, and
- Ability to utilize knowledge to make or influence critical
decisions while ensuring legally sound solutions that protect the
company against risk.
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
Keywords: Ports America Group, Chandler , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...