Technical Writer - Construction
Company: KOMAN Construction, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2021
KOMAN Construction, LLC is looking for a Construction Technical
Writer to write technical materials such as proposals, project
documentation, equipment manuals, appendices, and operating and
- Ability to read and write construction terminology is a
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to
set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and
- Develop a thorough understanding of the audience and the
- Research and build knowledge about products, services,
technology, or concepts to be documented
- Prepare or commission graphics and illustrations to elaborate
on or complement technical writing
- Meet with subject matter experts in order to ensure specialized
topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Work with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure the finished
documentation meets product requirements
- Provide, revise, edit, or update instructions, and technical
- Create, adapt, and follow project schedules and deadlines
- Analyze developments in one or more fields to determine need
for revisions in previously published materials and development of
- Remain up-to-date on technological and product developments as
well as universal specifications relevant to his or her
- Read solicitations/sources sought and respond accordingly
- Produce quality proposals to submit for bid
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications
and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Understands their own abilities and limitations and understands
when to seek guidance.
- Professionally interacts with colleagues, members of the
public, clients, and business associates.
- Complies with all company policies and applicable
- A minimum of two years experience in construction technical
writing is required. Six years experience can be substituted in
lieu of a degree.
- Experience in construction technical writing or in construction
is required.Required Qualifications:
- English Language knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules
of composition and grammar.
- Communication: writing and speaking skills are needed when
communicating with employees, writing reports, working with
subcontractors and presenting conclusions to project managers and
- Computer Skills: must understand and be able to work with MS
Office, MS Project, Viewpoint, AutoCAD Reader, and other
miscellaneous software that may be contractually required
- Time-Management Skills: deadlines are crucial in construction.
Making sure processes and procedures are completed timely and do
not impact the timely completion of the project is a critical part
of the job
- Active Learning- understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Active Listening- giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Critical Thinking- using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Attention to Detail must be able to provide a high quality work
product Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The work environment and physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
climb ladders or stairs; use hands to type, finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; and get in and out of vehicles. The employee is frequently
required, sometimes for extended periods, to walk, stand, or sit.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Visual acuity requirements include color vision, depth perception,
close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus, all
of which may be necessary to operate motor vehicles, determine the
accuracy and thoroughness of work, prepare and analyze data and
figures, and review materials for extensive time periods. Typical
hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM AZ Time,
however hours can fluctuate depending on project needs to include
evenings, nights, and weekends. Travel to construction worksites
may be required.
Preference will be given to Natives of Kodiak, Inc. Shareholders
and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S.
Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i)
Keywords: KOMAN Construction, LLC, Chandler , Technical Writer - Construction, IT / Software / Systems , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!