Software Engineer II
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Build magical product experiences. Make the technical & complex
simple and effortless.
- Lead in all aspects of the software life-cycle, from ideation
through development and including production support.
- Be an advocate for best practices and influence others to be
advocates for best practices within your team.
- Collaborate deeply with a cross functional team of Engineers,
UX, Product and Operations to create engaging and adaptive
- Identify effective solutions with your team and guide
successful designs and implementations.
- Helping your team to understand their blind spots and how they
can effectively improve.
- Leverage practices such as Continuous Integration, Pairing, and
Test-Driven Development to deliver early and often.
- Apply Lean Startup/Agile approaches to software
- Work in an open space environment (no cube walls)
- Commit to implementing standard department practices and
Specific Job Skills/Abilities:
- 2+ years of Engineering experience with at least one modern
language in a production environment, multiple languages strongly
preferred (e.g. Ruby/Rails, JS/TS, Python/Django)
- Awareness of cross platform development best practices (e.g.
mobile first, responsive design, progressive web
- Knowledge of mobile development a plus
- Ability to work outside of your technological comfort
- Experience working with cloud-based software solutions
- Demonstrated experience utilizing CI/CD systems
- Familiarity with agile methods.
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning, both in and out
of the office
- Opinionated on technology, in theory, but flexible in
- Demonstrated ability to teach others how to build their
- Involvement with Open Source projects a plus.
- Passion for Education is a must; experience in Ed-Tech helpful,
but not required
Company-wide skills, abilities and expectations:
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both written and
- Maintain a high level of customer service with both internal
and external customers
- Maintain a professional code of conduct, including professional
language, actions and attire
- Maintain confidentiality of matters pertaining to clients and
- Acknowledge and accept direction from company
- Demonstrate willingness and desire to work and collaborate with
clients, co-workers and the general public
- Prioritize work and handle multiple tasks while working
- Remain organized and plan effectively
- Work well under pressure, pay attention to detail, meet
deadlines and deal with difficult situations while maintaining
composure, professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Examine data analytically, showing excellent reasoning and
problem-solving skills as it relates to continuous
- Commit to professional and personal growth
- Embrace a culturally diverse environment
- Adapt to change while conveying professionalism
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations and
- Display candor about one's own opinions with the ability to
commit to a final decision even when in disagreement
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
Systems, Education, a related field, or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating within a team
- 2+ years Development experience, preferably in a full-stack
- Development experience within the education industry is a
Keywords: Gorails, Chandler , Software Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!