Sr Ab Initio Developer - Apps Systems Engineer 5
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Job DescriptionInformation Technology Management (ITM) Authorized
Provisioning Point (APP) Application team is seeking an Application
Systems Engineer. The ITM APP Application team is responsible for
driving the design and development of the new Authorized
Provisioning Point in collaboration and alignment with the
Enterprise Data Blueprint architecture. The intention of the ITM
APP is to provide increased consistency, quality, and insight in
the information available to manage the business of IT. Through the
Enterprise Blueprint architecture, the ITM APP is implementing
leading tools and principles in data warehousing to deliver an
effective and efficient solution that simplifies the data
environment. The ITM APP Application team is part of IT for IT Data
Services team which is responsible for driving both near-term data
to satisfy regulatory requirements while strategically creating the
The person that fills this position will be a vital part of our
team and will be responsible for the design and development through
a complete System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Extract,
Transform & load (ETL) processes using Ab Initio as ETL
environment. . Will be involved in the building solutions in the in
the different Data Zones (i.e. Raw, Sanitized, Conformed, and Data
Distribution) that will be deployed within the Enterprise Data
Environment (i.e. Hadoop/Map-R).
Will work directly with Enterprise Core Services (ECS) Strategic
Data Solutions - Architecture, Enterprise Information Technology
(EIT) Systems Architects, and IT business partners to understand
the requirements and implement high performant database solutions
of IT data within the Wells Fargo enterprise.
- Design and implement highly distributed, scalable and
performant ETL processes - Staging, Data Enrichments and Strong
data delivery techniques using Ab Initio as ETL environment
- Hands on ETL development (data transformations and data
movement) using Ab Initio, Ab Initio Express IT, DQE (Data Quality)
and Metadata Portal as key tools
- Effectively work in an ETL framework driven environment
- Identify key business processes and deliver subject specific
ETL processes to load physical data models
- Support ongoing ETL efforts for Development, QA and Production
- Effectively communicate data design to other members of the
team to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data
- Partner with source system Subject Matter Experts (SME)s, Data
Analysts and Modelers to build Conformed and Data Distribution
views of complex data sources into our environment.
- Work very closely with business analysts, development teams and
project managers for requirements and business rules
- Work on complex problems where analysis requires evaluation of
intangible variance factors
- Plan, perform, and act as the escalation point for the most
complex platform designs, coding, and testing
- Work with DBAs and will review and critique data architecture
design and implementation work
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and
consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable
technology, tools and existing designs.
- Provides technical consultation and support in the development
of computer applications and programs
- Develops original and/or highly complex code and provides
coding guidance to less experienced staff.
- Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations and analysis
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test
data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms
and applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures
and user guides.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met
for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and
testing of the business continuation plan.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation
- 7+ years of Ab Initio experience
- 7+ years of PL/SQL experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience
- 6+ years of source/version control tools experience
- 5 + years of experience supporting or designing complex ETL
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- 5+ years of performance tuning experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- 5+ years of Big Data experience
- 5+ years of Metadata experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of Hadoop experience
- Ability to identify business needs and deliver solutions in
close partnership with line of business and technology
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a
technologically innovative , change-driven organization
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database concepts,
querying, data warehousing, ETL process, requirements gathering
and/or decision support tools
- Engineering and architecture experience with big data
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle
(SDLC): code control, build and deployment
- Knowledge and understanding of authentication methods or
- Knowledge and understanding of database modeling techniques and
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of Oracle experience (Oracle 10/11G/12C)
- 5+ years of experience as an Oracle Exadata Developer
- 3 + years of experience using Build Tools such as Reheat
Satellite, Puppet, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with QA and other Technology
teams within Wells Fargo.
- 3+ years of agile software development techniques including
designing software for unit testing and acceptance testing, and the
use of continuous integration.
- Experience leading junior level team members in a lead
- Wells Fargo development experience.
- Understanding of Wells Fargo Hosting offerings.
Street AddressNC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte,
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZDisclaimerAll offers for
employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate
having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells
Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local,
state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Chandler , Sr Ab Initio Developer - Apps Systems Engineer 5, IT / Software / Systems , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!