Apps Systems Engineer 4 ETL/Database Developer
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers
financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for
talented people who will put our customers at the center of
everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll
feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design,
development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells
Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and
enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM,
and other channels to Wells Fargos more than 70 million global
We are looking for a developer to join the team supporting the
Enterprise Data Technology Group. To be successful in this role,
you will need an extensive background in ETL tools and relational
databases, experience building complex data systems, and preferably
experience with Financial Crimes Risk, Regulatory Risk, or Credit
Risk platforms. You will be working closely with business and
technology partners to build and support the platform.
- Working as a developer implementing technical solutions while
working with technical leadership and business partners.
- Works closely with business team to participate in sprints,
analyze requirements, performs complex data modelling, design code
and develop technical solution.
- Performs complex ETL coding using Informatica, database
programming using Teradata and batch scheduling tools using Autosys
and UNIX shell scripting.
- Performs build, test and deploy. Utilizes advanced technologies
and methods to integrate data systems and other existing platforms
such as SharePoint and websites.
- Develops new documentation and technical procedures.
- Provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in
design, development and resolution of highly complex technical
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met
for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and
testing of the business continuation plan. Ability to proactively
recommend system efficiencies, processes and designs.
- Ability to research and identify root cause of complex
production issues; Support production processes
- Prepare detailed specifications and ETL design
- Market and communicate concepts and solutions
Will have production support responsibilities of the data
processing applications. Collaborate with Enterprise Availability
Office (EACO), Wholesale Service Level Management, System Admins,
Middleware Support, DBAs, Developers and other stakeholders
relevant to addressing production issues.
Note: Charlotte, NC is the preferred work location.Required
- 5+ years of application development and implementation
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL
server, or Teradata
- 4+ years of stored procedures development experience
- 3+ years of Informatica experience
- 3+ years of performance tuning experience
- 2 + years of experience gathering business requirements from
various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 3+ years of application production support experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Hadoop experience
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key
team members and partners are in various time zones and
- Knowledge and understanding of outsourcing vendors and in-house
software development teams focused on data solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: System
including business requirement design or review, release management
support, test script development and execution, and system issue
- Experience successfully escalating complex issues and tracking
follow-through to completion
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- 5+ years of Teradata experience
- Ability to work on call as assigned
DisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent
upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal
background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including
Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Chandler , Apps Systems Engineer 4 ETL/Database Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!