Front End Software Engineer - Senior Level
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Front-End Software
Engineer - Senior Level for our Phoenix, AZ facility. Front-End
Software Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software
development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing
user/business system requirements, responding to outages and
creating application system models. Front-End Software Engineers
primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug
new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal
use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In
addition, Front-End Software Engineers participate in design
meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and
debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes
direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and
technology initiatives. This is an advanced-level role occupied by
those demonstrating in-depth technical and/or business knowledge
within their respective areas of specialization. Incumbents work
independently on complex work assignments and may determine methods
and procedural approaches on new assignments. In addition,
responsibilities include serving as resources to internal and
third-party team members on escalated technical issues and
analyzing and designing specifications for less experienced team
members to execute. Job Requirements ABOUT USAA USAA knows what it
means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of
U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In
each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best
Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top
10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
to apply. ABOUT USAA IT Our most important qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every
day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive
and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a
top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a
row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority
Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine. This Job Posting is
for multiple openings available in 2019. See what it's like to work
for a company where your passion meets our purpose: USAA
Information Technology: A Realistic Preview * Utilizing technical
expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and
analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex
system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple
* Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact
* Resolves complex technical design issues.
* Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating
applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
* Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with
business or technical departments.
* Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user
requirements. Identifies and creates solutions to improve system
performance and availability.
* Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize
impact and future occurrences.
* Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead
technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code
* Typically serves as a resource to the business.
* Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the
accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and
third party team members.
* Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal
and third party team members to execute.
* Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life
* May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills
development of team members.
* Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical
work packages to cross-functional and third party team members for
execution through the full development life cycle.
* Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and
* Coordinates system application transition from development teams
to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and
implements necessary controls to assure system/application
traceability. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS * Bachelor's degree or 4
additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
CSS and HTML with at least 2+ years of experience working with
of experience working with Agile methodology
* Proficiency in translating front-end mockups and wireframes into
* 2+ years of experience in designing/coding for high availability
* 2+ years of experience with rapid prototyping / simulations /
* Demonstrated experience supporting accessibility requirements
from ADA (Section 508 subset of a11y).
* 4+ years of experience on closures/Prototypes/JS.this and
* Understanding of HTTP interaction with browsers (request types,
request headers, synchronous/asynchronous requests).
* Understanding of page rendering orchestration within a
* Proficiency at using browser development tools within each major
* Delivering software using a container based infrastructure
* 2+ years of experience with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc.
around continuous integration and continuous delivery
* Experience testing in Selenium frameworks DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS
USAA Software Developers transform analytics to impact our members'
experiences. Collectively, we are: * Curious and excited by new
* Energized by a fast-paced environment
* Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge
* Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but
* Community-focused, dependable and committed
* Exceptionally detail-oriented The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals. Relocation assistance is available for
Keywords: USAA, Chandler , Front End Software Engineer - Senior Level, IT / Software / Systems , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!