Senior Member of Technical Staff - Security Architect
Company: Wind River Systems
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Wind River SystemsEngineering ? Chandler, AZPosition Title: Senior
Member Technical Staff ? Security Architect ? Professional
ServicesLocation: Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ / San Diego, CA / Alameda,
CA / Kanata, ONT Summary: Wind River Professional Services has been
helping clients implement good ideas for more than 20 years. For
any technical or business challenge, our Professional Services team
offers a valuable blend of skills, contacts, knowledge,
intellectual property, flexible resources, design processes, tools,
and a CMMI level 3-project management methodology to get the job
done.What you?ll do: The Senior Member Technical Staff (SMTS)
Security Architect is a technical leader responsible for systems
architecture, design and implementation of embedded security
software. The Security Architect is required to independently
formulate direction given system requirements and has outstanding
decision making skills and judgment.The Security Architect is a
?customer facing? position involving customer interaction during
presales negotiations, architecture discussions, requirements
definitions, architecture tradeoff analysis, determine project
feasibility, and prepare project definitions. The Security
Architect establishes technical credibility and assists in sale of
architecture, and proposed features to customer.The Security
Architect also contributes to the development and troubleshooting
of complex projects. The position requires solid people skills to
actively influence the project team and direct interaction with
customers.Who You Will Work With:
- The entire Professional Services team, including Directors,
Project Managers and Members of Technical Staff.
- You will also be the primary Security solutions interface with
Wind River's Technology office and Product Engineering.
- Promote PS Security offerings to WR sales teams
- Lead consulting teams and customers in engagements to deliver
Wind River?s Security solutions.
- Support team members regarding the design of secure software
- Security Threat Assessment, Risk Analysis, Risk Mitigation
- Security Requirements Engineering
- Security System Design, Software Analysis, and
- Identification and specification of new security service
- Develop and present points-of-view on new security issues and
- Participate in security standards groups and conferences
- Identify Security market trends in Standards and Technologies
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess a BS
in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related subject area
(or equivalent experience) and 10 plus years of embedded software
design experience. Prior experience in a ?customer-facing? role,
strong embedded application and real-time operating systems (RTOS)
background required. Strong written and oral communication skills;
a successful track record of delivering projects on time; and a
high level of self-motivation are required. The SMTS utilizes
excellent written and oral communication skills in preparing
detailed design documents and developing formal proposals based on
analysis of customer requirements.
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience in the areas of
software engineering, 5+ years of experience in security-related
software architecture, design and/or implementation.
- Demonstrated software programming proficiency with the ability
to create and explain code examples.
- Familiarity with complex, product level embedded software
architectures, APIs and toolkits.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative
- Self-managed, fast learner and some project management
- Ability to brainstorm and represent competing ideas
- Desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Passionate about end-to-end systems that improve the world.
Desired experience within the embedded security domain includes:
- Information Security and concepts of security: confidentiality,
integrity and availability of data
- Embedded Systems Security vs. Cyber security
- Common Criteria / Engineering Assurance Level
- Software Security for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Encryption / Decryption concepts
- Risk Management Framework
- SSH, SSL / TLS, IPsec/IKE
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2,
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) / NIST
- Prior work with security agencies a plus
- Past or current security clearance a plus.
- MS preferred
- 10% travel required Why Choose Wind River? Wind River believes
that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is
why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing
systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand
the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and
reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is
pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution
from automated devices to autonomous systems. We have a spot for
Keywords: Wind River Systems, Chandler , Senior Member of Technical Staff - Security Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!