Settlement Specialist - Remote
Company: Cardinal Financial (NC)
Posted on: December 3, 2019
Settlement Specialist - Remote
Who We Are:Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage
lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for
everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often
closed-minded industry, we're able to embrace every unique
financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible
loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent
service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two
components of our process come together to complete a simple,
personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization-Sales,
Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the
break rooms with endless coffee supplies-everyone can influence the
experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We
tell our customers and our partners that anything can be
reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that
values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary
technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!Who
We Need:Within this role, you will be responsible for reviewing
loan approval and conditions to validate completeness and accuracy
in preparation of closing documents in compliance with state and
federal requirements. You will be interfacing with borrowers,
settlement agents, realtors, attorney's, and various other internal
and external customers while delivering exceptional customer
service and guidance as it relates to initial file setup, RESPA
guidance, initial disclosures, re-disclosures and automated
underwriting review for eligibility. This is a highly technical
position and requires the ability to work independently and provide
a keen attention to detail.What You Will Do:
- Verifying loan file setup, verifying loan structure and
qualification per automated underwriting and company
- Provide a world-class closing experience to our borrowers and
- Review escrow account to ensure escrows are being calculated
and established properly.
- Review, balance and approve a final Closing Disclosure
statement for correct fees, escrows, payees, distribution of funds
and RESPA requirements.
- Prepare and deliver closing documents and settlement statements
to settlement agents, title companies and borrowers.
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly internally specified
requirements surrounding successful productivity requirements
without compromising loan quality.
- Work as a team with sales, processing, underwriting, funding
and management to ensure the loans in your pipeline are closed with
attention to detail, accuracy, and within compliance of corporate
policies and RESPA.
- Ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining a thorough
knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory
requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics,
complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and
adhering to RESPA requirements.
What You Need:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of closing, funding or mortgage operations experience
in a high energy, fast paced mortgage lender environment.
- Knowledge of how to review and evaluate FNMA, FHLMC, and
government AUS findings, underwriting approvals, credit reports,
income and asset documents, appraisals, title reports, payoff
- Ability to adapt well to change.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- Demonstrate responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and
planning; must be a fast-paced individual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to take direction and comprehend training.
- Ability to work closely within a team structure.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically Word and
- Working knowledge of Google Apps.
- Working knowledge of Encompass software system a plus.
- Working knowledge of Doc Magic a plus.
- Constant phone interaction required.
- Extended and weekend work hours may be required.
- Must abide by the Company standards for email and telephone
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader - we are aiming for
- Highly engineered proprietary technology that is
revolutionizing the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month
following your start date including - Medical, Dental, Vision,
Disability Insurance and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%-
Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.
Keywords: Cardinal Financial (NC), Chandler , Settlement Specialist - Remote, Other , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!